Henkel´s Laundry & Home Care brands have been trusted by generations of families. To maintain the trusted quality it takes constant innovation, sound research, cutting-edge product development, smart marketing and sales. Above all, it takes people who share our passion and embrace change. What do you strive for?
The Sr Project Engineer identifies and executes projects of a complex nature that support the manufacturing strategic plan. This includes the creation, implementation, and improvement of manufacturing processes, production equipment, products, and related business systems. Project scope includes entire life cycle including initial concept, feasibility, justification, design, manufacturability, maintenance, and retirement. This role is also responsible for performing engineering activities required to analyze, design, plan, direct, and coordinate assigned technical projects to assure customer satisfaction and to meet targeted performance, expectations, time tables, and spending limits.
What we offer
- Apply engineering principles to analyze and plan for the requirements of assigned projects and cost studies to achieve targeted objectives (safety, reliability, quality, cost).
- Prepare specifications and design process and package flows for assigned projects and oversee the preparation of all necessary drawings.
- Lead peer review sessions, including design, risk assessments, failure mode analyses.
- Prepare cost, lead-time, and down-time estimates for assigned projects and cost studies.
- Ascertain and adopt all relevant requirements including building permits, environmental regulations, sanitary design, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety, and OSHA regulations on all work assignments.
- Specify, bid, select, and purchase required equipment, parts, and contract installation services for assigned projects to meet installation schedules with minimal production interruptions.
- Supervise work conducted by plant labor, contractors, and service personnel to assure efficient coordination and completion of assigned projects as scheduled.
- Provide trouble shooting, problem analysis, and technical support to the plant as required.
- Administer the implementation of maintenance and operator training for all new equipment and systems installed on assigned projects.
- Keep abreast of new technological developments through professional study and journals and initiate uses within the plant.
- Be responsible for scope/cost/schedule management and project implementation, including vendor/contractor lists, equipment status memos.
- Manage multiple projects of varying priorities at the same time, and support start-up activities as needed.
Who we are looking for
- Minimum 5 years of Capital Project Management experience in the design and installation of manufacturing process and packaging systems, totaling up to at least $5 million.
- High degree of commitment to the “team” approach to managing projects and/or solving manufacturing problems.
- Successful candidate will have strong planning and organizational skills, strong problem solving skills, and a strong knowledge of plant processes. Past experience in equipment factory acceptance testing would be ideal.
- Must be capable of management and coordination of multiple resources (employees, contractors, consultants, etc).
- Strong financial management skills, with experience in value / cost engineering.
- Proficient with design and project management software. CAD skills would be ideal.
- Exceptional “people skills”, oral and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Must be able to adjust to changes in workflow, prioritize as needed, and meet deadlines.
• BS in Mechanical, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering (or other pertinent engineering discipline). Work experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.