Chief Financial Officer (CFO) Longleaf Behavioral Hospital
Longleaf Behavioral Hospital is currently recruiting for a strong leader for the CFO role.
Longleaf Hospital is a 92 bed behavioral health acute care inpatient hospital in Alexandria, LA for children, adolescents, adults, and seniors who are experiencing emotional or behavioral problems. Treatment is offered through a range of multi-disciplinary programs in a therapeutic, confidential and safe environment.
Longleaf Hospital’s purpose is to provide high quality services that respond to individual, family, and community needs in a healing place. We are committed to the highest quality medical and business practices.
Longleaf Hospital is accredited by the Joint commission on Accreditation of Hospitals. It is licensed by the Department of Health and Human Services of the State of Louisiana. Longleaf Hospital participates in Medicare, Louisiana Medicaid, Mississippi Medicaid, Tri-Care, and Most Insurances.
The Facility CFO is an integral part of the senior leadership team and expected to participate in the financial and functional decision making processes necessary for the successful attainment of the facility’s operational and financial goals. The facility CFO has responsibility and is accountable for overall financial operations and is responsible for all aspects of the day to day fiscal management of the facility.
- Ensures that monthly financial statements are completed timely and accurately.
- Ensures that all balance sheet accounts are reconciled on a monthly basis and in compliance with company policies and standards and that any outstanding variances are identified and corrected timely.
- Prepares corporate requiredreports (including the Monthly Operating Report, Monthly Certifications, Corporate Disclosures, Forecasts) timely and accurately.
- Ensures all accounting and business office policies and requiredinternal controls are in place to facilitate a cleanauditwithno material audit adjustments or deficiencies found. Ensures that all approval processes are in place.
- Directs the operations of the Revenue Cycle to ensure that accounts receivable are collected timely and uncompensated care is kept to a minimum. Strives to achieve goals for cash collections and AR days and to reduce bad debt and denials. Routinely reviews revenue cycle metrics to proactively identify and address issues affecting overall performance.
- Is actively involved in ensuring Front End Revenue Cycle processes are in place including ensuring the insurance verification is completed on 100% of patients, working with the Financial Counselor to ensure proper determination of patient portions and approval of any discounts or charity and proper logging of upfront collections.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of federal, state and managed care reimbursement methodologies to ensure that facility is paid accurately and revenue deductions are recorded accurately. Facilitates preparation of any required cost reports.
- Supervises Accounting, Patient Accounting, Health Information Management, Materials Management and other departments assigned by the CEO. These departments may include, but are not limited to, Health Information Management, Materials Management, and Human Resources. Ensures department is adequately staffed and trained.
- Ensures compliance with Group Purchasing contract and monitors purchases to ensure supply costs are kept to budgeted levels.
- Prepares annual operating budget and participates in the annual strategic planning process which serves as a basis for the budget. Provides ongoing analysis of variances from budget and assists the CEO in implementing changes needed to achieve budget goals.
- Prepares annual capital budgets and Capital Equipment Requests. Ensures assets and related depreciation is recorded accurately and in compliance with company policies.
- Provides financial leadership and guidance to facility managers. Trains managers on financial matters and provides routine feedback regarding department performance.
- Provides financial expertise in planning new services including preparation of pro-formas.
- Works as a partner with the CEO and ensures that there is an open line of communication and positive interaction.
- Provides guidance and assists the CEO in ensuring facility is staffed appropriately and that productivity goals are met.
- Participates with managed care contracting and other business development activities to ensure net revenue maximization.
- Maintains a current knowledge of healthcare industry trends and changes and ensures facility is prepared and compliant.
- Responsible for approving all computer access privileges (SAF’s) and ensuring that access is terminated for employees that have been terminated.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or business related field with major in Accounting.
- Minimum 2years successful CFO experience in a healthcare setting desired.
- Previous Behavioral healthcareexperience highly preferred.
- Previous experiencewith a proprietary healthcare system highly preferred.
- CPA or Master’s degree a plus.
- Proven financial analysis skills.
- Experienceworking withinformation technology and proficiency with software packages including Excel and Word.
- Demonstrated leadership ability.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with facility staff, physicians and corporate staff.
- Ability to lead with a high degree of emotional intelligence and ethics.