The Quality Systems Manager maintains and improves the Quality Management System (QMS) manuals, procedures, work instructions, and training documentation in accordance with the licensing standards of the American Petroleum Institute (API) and International Organization of Standardization (ISO). This person leads and coordinates internal auditing teams and performs document control analysis of inter-departmental procedures. The Quality Systems Manager is responsible for interacting with onsite customer and API surveillance auditors. This position requires knowledge of processes and process control; and the QS Manager must be able to evaluate effectiveness of both the process and the QMS to ensure control. The QS Manager must have the ability to travel and conduct audits for new steel suppliers, evaluate the capability of quality critical vendors, and ensure conformance to internal and external quality standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain API licenses and Quality System certifications.
- Continually improve the Quality System and procedures.
- Recognize procedures and pipe manufacturing equipment and processes.
- Audit and maintain a list of approved quality critical vendors.
- Audit procedures for the HFW and SAWH mills.
- Train and coordinate internal auditors.
- Document and track corrective action reports, preventative action reports, customer field claims, and vendor claims through closure.
- Oversee internal and external audits of the Quality Management System.
- Represent Stupp Corporation at API SC-18 (Quality sub-committee).
- Supervise Quality Systems personnel.
- Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is highly preferred.
Minimum of 3 years of experience in pipe manufacturing or 5 years of relevant management experiencerequired.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Lead Auditor
- Understanding of API 5L, API Q1 and ISO quality systems
- Discretion and judgment in working with confidential or sensitive information and issues
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Self-reliant, motivated, & dependable
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to move about facility and spend time in mill environment.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Circumstances may require meetings throughout the facility, including the mill and offsite. Some travel may be required. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.