Allina Health is dedicated to the prevention and treatment of illness and enhancing the greater health of individuals, families and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. A not-for-profit health care system, Allina Health cares for patients from beginning to end-of-life through its 90+ clinics, 12 hospitals, 16 pharmacies, specialty care centers and specialty medical services that provide home care, senior transitions, hospice care, home oxygen and medical equipment, and emergency medical transportation services. Allina Health is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital is the premier hospital in the northern metropolitan communities of the Twin Cities. It is located on two campuses: one in Coon Rapids, and one in Fridley. Together, these facilities offer nationally recognized clinical excellence and compassionate health care services, including cancer care, heart and vascular services, emergency and trauma care, surgical services and da Vinci® System, The Mother Baby Center at Mercy with Children’s Minnesota, Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, the Joint Replacement Center and women’s and children’s services. In 2016, Mercy Hospital was named one of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals in the U.S. by Truven Health Analytics. With 3,500+ employees, 830+ affiliated physicians and 420 staffed beds, Mercy Hospital provides inpatient and outpatient services to more than 270,000 patients each year.
- The position is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day pharmacy operations of Allina Health Home Infusion Therapy Services (AHHITS) including facility (USP797) and staff management.
- The position will be accountable to hire, train, supervise and evaluate competency of pharmacy personnel to provide quality services.
- The position will also assist with clinical pharmacy and work to expand the clinical pharmacy aspects of Home Infusion.
- The supervisor will ensure that care is coordinated for all aspects of home infusion therapy including stakeholder engagement. Key stakeholders to work with include the Home Care Nursing Manager, Couriers, Quality Department and any third parties.
- The position is responsible for assisting with the growth of Allina Home Infusion and forming strong relationships with referral parties. The position is also a key member of strategic planning for the growth of Allina Home Infusion.
- The supervisor is responsible for working with residents and student and will serve as a preceptor as needed.
- Graduate (B.S. or Pharm.D) from an accredited college of pharmacy
- PGY1 Residency preferred
- Hospital pharmacy experiencepreferred with knowledge of USP 797
- License to practice pharmacy in Minnesota or eligible for same