- Overall, support the GCO in servicing the company’s needs through providing thoughtful, efficient and responsive legal advice to business partners.
- Guide the development, adoption and implementation of policies, rules and procedures for CDS.
- Coordinate with CDCC in the development of policies and standards; develop and maintain harmonized rules where possible.
- Collaborate with the Canadian securities regulatory authorities and the Bank of Canada on rules, policies and regulatory matters.
- Coordinate and assist with clearing house reporting obligations.
- Monitor securities industry and related legal and policy developments in Canada and other jurisdictions, and lead internal efforts to communicate and educate TMX employees on these developments.
- Review materials used for presentations, marketing and communications.
- Play an active role in managing working groups and commenting on proposed provincial, federal, and international legislation or policies which affect the clearing houses and their members.
- Perform research and analysis on regulatory matters that impact the clearing house.
- Called to the Bar of Ontario with Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Upper Canada, or similar designation in another Canadian province.
- 5+ years of post-call experience dealing with securities and regulatory issues.
- Knowledge of trading, clearing and settlement, or market structure issues considered a strong asset.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills; demonstrated consistent and prompt use of sound legal and business judgment.
- Team oriented and able to build relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to quickly embed themselves into the business while persistently driving a “business partner” approach to supporting clients and various internal and external stakeholders.