Live IT Up at Ciber Global
At Ciber Global, we believe the most inspired, innovative and industrious companies should win, regardless of size or legacy. We’re the small company that cares and the big company that can. We deliver breakthrough performances and powerful solutions that are anything but cookie cutter in order to give our clients the competitive advantage they deserve.
Ciber Global is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Systems Engineer in Burbank, CA , Seattle, WA or New York, NY areas.
Job Description (Assignment Description):
- This position is for an experienced site reliability engineer eager to play an integral role on the Systems Engineering team for the company.
- Primary responsibilities include designing, building, and supporting web and mobile applications for a large scale enterprise production environment that hosts the platforms and our online properties
- The Senior SRE works as part of a DevOps cultured team focusing on architecture, building, and supporting the web and mobile applications for large scale production environments.
- The Senior SRE is expected to have expert level experience with maintaining web, caching and queuing technologies in large high traffic environments in AWS.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in video streaming and media. Some examples of relevant experience include expertise in Varnish, Nginx, Tomcat, HAProxy, Redis, ElasticSearch and RabbitMQ.
- Expert engineering and operations experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a hard requirement as well as a light development background in one or more of the requiredlanguages – Ruby, Python, Golang and Java.
- Must be well versed in writing automation using Chef, Puppet or another SCM tool.
- Docker and container scheduler services such as ECS or Kubernetes is desirable.
- Experience with Git or similar distributed version control systems is desirable as well as familiarity with Continuous Integration/Deployment techniques.
- Ability to 'deep dive' in troubleshooting applications and systems using various technologies such as New Relic, DataDog and Logstash or Splunk. Strong SQL and NoSQL experience also desired with familiarity of Mysql and Mongo.
- Experience with Triple Stores, Graph databases is a plus.
- In this role, you will actively engage with Development QA and Technical Operations teams as well as Product/Business teams.
- Must have strong and effective communication skills working with management and other senior engineers.
- Must be self-driven, yet yearn for strong team coherence and sense of collaboration.
- Above all, you must have a passion for new and emerging technology and a constant drive of curiosity.
- This position works closely with various business Engineering and Production teams to gather requirements, troubleshoot issues, and provide stellar customer support.
- The role requires someone who is creative, proactive, constructive, and highly motivated. The Senior SRE must be prepared to work in an extremely collaborative and high-energy environment.
- Leading project/planning efforts, architectural design, attending meetings w/ various teams.
- Implementing, Tuning, Automating systems and applications
- Systems Administration and Application Support – Level 2 & 3 Maintenance and Support
- 7+ Years experience.
- Proficient in web technologies: Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Node, HAProxy, including being able to perform setup, configuration, and deep dive troubleshooting, tuning and debugging.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert on at least one queuing and caching technology: RabbitMQ , Redis, ElasticSearch or Varnish
- Expertise in docker and one or more schedulers such as Amazon ECS or Kubernetes
- Able to implement existing base standards for new systems and/or applications with mentoring for all of the following:
- Application monitoring and instrumentation with Data Dog, New Relic or similar
- Resiliency and performance
- Able to diagnose simple to complex system problems.
- Expert in internet technologies and network protocols, including DNS, HTTP, basic load balancing configurations using ELBs/ALBs.
- Understand application design and dependencies for the sites the team supports.
- Has expertise in AWS ELBs/ALBs.
- Recognized as a subject matter expert on Linux performance tuning, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
- Advanced skills to author tools and automation with Chef or Puppet. Must be proficient in at least one programming language such as Python, Ruby, Java or Golang and able to build unit test suites for all software being developed.
- Experience supporting NoSQL, Triple Stores, Graph databases is a plus
- Able to author test plans for use by peers and junior SE’s.
- Able to perform and provide in depth analysis on load test runs against a moderately complex system.
- Demonstrates exceptional troubleshooting methodology, including the ability to author and instruct new methodologies to the SE team.
- Demonstrate ability to independently triage moderately complex incidents.
- Independently resolve moderately to highly complex system and application incidents.
- Able to identify and propose system and application fixes for performance bottlenecks.
- Able to evaluate new application requirements for capacity and run-time best practices.
- Able to evaluate new system and/or infrastructure solutions for technical feasibility against known requirements and standards.
- Effective at dealing with change
- Able to transition in role or handle a significant modification to workflow or technology with minimal ramp-up time and with very little guidance.
- Communication and Leadership Requirements
- Excellent verbal and written communication to all levels in the organization.
- Communication of ideas and solutions in a clear and organized manner.
- Clear and effective presentations to groups of people.
- Effective project management and planning on large-scale projects (familiarity with agile/scrum project management a plus).
- Ability to design and deliver training to other staff.
- Construction of concise and complete technical documentation.
- Mentoring of Jr. Staff on technical material.
- BA degree or equivalent.