Bio-Rad is looking for an Field Application Specialist II that will cover Biopharma accounts in the Central region of the US and will be based in the Chicago or St. Louis area.
- Bio-Rad has an immediate need for a Field Application Specialist.
- In this role, you will be an integral member of the Sales Team providing technical expertise to customers in the field.
- Working independently or with Sales Representatives, the Field Application Specialist calls on customer labs to provide pre and post sales technical support on real-time PCR (qPCR), digital droplet PCR, single cell sequencing and supporting reagents, assays and content.
- This includes performing pre-sales presentations, product demonstrations, and technical seminars for individuals and groups in response to field sales requests.
- This role requires ‘bench work’ running qPCR plates and digital PCR assays.
- The FAS is expected to excel in analysis of data, troubleshooting, and optimization for each of these technologies.
- The FAS is often involved in experimental design, assay design, and reporting of results.
- The position will cover Biopharma accounts in the Central region of the US and will be based in the Chicago or St. Louis area.
- This position requires 70% travel time in the Central region of the U.S.
- MS in Life Sciences minimum, PhD preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience of qPCR techniques, qPCR assay design and optimization mandatory.
- 3-5 yearexperience in the biopharmaceutical industry preferred.
- Experience with different qPCR instruments a plus.
- Digital PCR, sequencing, and related molecular biology techniques and practices also a plus.
- Strong verbal (oral and written) and presentation skills required.
- A combination of expert troubleshooting and interpersonal skills are the keys to success in this position.