Cobham is seeking an IT Application Analyst that will be responsible for managing and supportingall engineering applications locally with an opportunity to grow into a regional or global role. They will work with users to address issues, gaps and required capability. They will also be responsible for managing licensing, license utilization and interact with suppliers to resolve issues and understand product roadmaps. This position is located in Davenport, IA.
- Resolving level 2 & 3Engineering application issues
- Train service desk to ‘fix’ 1st line tickets
- Maintain access control for Windchill and other systems
- Patch and upgrade Engineering applications
- Resolve engineering application problems/ requests
- Develop workflows and integration of tools as necessary
- Configure and deploy engineering applications such as: PLM, CAD and Analysis tools
- Produce monthly metrics related to Engineering applications
- Upgrade applications and clients to support current OS and application environment
- Document processes for Engineering applications
- Interact with suppliers to understand product roadmaps (where they’re headed and capabilities of what the software might offer), and with users of the software to understand issues, gaps, and capability (i.e. forecasted increase in demand)
- Familiarity with ITIL v3 would be beneficial (ISO process framework for IT)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years’ experience using Microsoft operating systems
- 3+ years’ experience administering and supporting PLM/CAD/Analysis tools
- Knowledge of SQL or Oracle based applications (SQL administration a plus)
Knowledge of some or all of the following (Windchill, Creo, Doors, Ansys, Matlab)
This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled byexport laws of the US. In order to be eligible you must be either a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Able to work on own initiative
- Willing to document and share knowledge
- Able to working a team when a multi-disciplinary approach is required
Cobham's values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And it’s the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
Job ID: 00NL3