Physician- Pediatric & Adolescent Clinic
Less than 5 years experience • Healthcare IT
JOB SUMMARY A Pediatric Physician in the Mercy North Iowa Network that provides quality patient care in the outpatient setting as required.
- Reports to: Senior Vice President, Vice President, Medical Director, Regional Director, & Governance Council
- Supervises: Clinical supervision of nursing staff and mid-level providers
- Key Working Relationships: Regional Director, Clinic Manager, Other physicians, Administration, staff
- Primary Customer Groups: Patients and their families, other physicians, clinic staff, pharmacists, vendors, other hospital departments, general public
- Age of Patients Served: Neonatal, Pediatric, Adolescent
- Instructs and counsels patients regarding physical and mental health.
- Orders or supplies medication appropriate for the patient.
- Refers patients to appropriate specialists.
- Provides immediate evaluation and treatment for emergency medical problems. Directs emergency personnel in transport of the patient.
- Documents all patient care activities and follow-up care.
- Maintains knowledge of community services, agencies and resources.
- Assists Clinic Manager in assessing/maintaining equipment, pharmaceutical and recordkeeping needs.
- Directs other clinic staff in the provision and execution of medical care.
- Assures quality of patient care is provided by appropriate monitoring and evaluation.
- Participates in the formal governance process of Mercy Clinics.
- Participates in the required activities of the medical staff of Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa and/or appropriate regional hospitals.
- Participates in staff educational inservice meetings.
- Represents the clinic to the media when appropriate.
- Maintains licensure through CME certification.
- Communicates with and performs duties following Mercy Medical Center-North Iowa Guiding Behaviors.
- Provides competent patient care to the above indicated patient populations by obtaining and appropriately interpreting data, making appropriate decisions based on demonstrated knowledge of age-specific growth and development, and appropriately adapting procedures and treatments.
- Supports and abides by all medical center, departmental, and safety policies and procedures. Proactively identifies safety concerns surrounding the workenvironment.
- Acts in a professional manner reflecting the mission, philosophy and values ofMercy Medical Center - North Iowa and the Sisters of Mercy.
- Performs other responsibilities as requested by the Medical Director, Senior Vice President or Vice President of Mercy Clinics.
- Graduate of a medical/osteopathic medical school is required.
- Demonstrated competency as a physician by completion of an appropriate residency program; board certified or board eligible.
- Must be able to obtain Mercy Medical Center – North Iowa medical staff privileges.
- Demonstrate above average communication skills. Ability to work with a team.
- Licensed or eligible for State of Iowa physician license; Iowa Controlled Substance Certificate, and Federal DEA Certificate
- Demonstrated competency as a physician by completion of an appropriate residency program or equivalent practice experience.
- Special Skills, Competencies, and Aptitudes
- If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, must provide proof of Basic Life Support (BLS Healthcare Provider, American Heart Association; or American Red Cross, Professional Rescuer – LIVE class only) via current card prior toemployment or within 30 days of hire and maintains current status, unless has a current status in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Cardiac Life Support (PALS), or Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS).
- Completes Mandatory Reporting requirement within 6 months of hire and renews this requirement every 5 years.
- 3. If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, completes Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) – American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, must complete Pediatric Advance Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, completes Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
- If applicable for clinic or hospital privileging, completes Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) within 6 months of hire and maintains current status.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS
- Must be able to physically assist with patient care activities.
- Must be able to stand and/or walk for prolonged periods of time throughout the day.
- Must be flexible since the position is subject to interruptions and changes in work priorities.
- For a complete list of the physical/cognitive requirements, please refer tothe Working Conditions and Physical Demands Worksheet. The original willbe maintained in the Human Resources Department and a copy at Mercy Family Clinic Administration.