Are you a passionate, dedicated and motivated R&D Engineering Manager (PMO Office) that will thrive in a role that is responsible for managing the activities of one or more programs with responsibility for results in terms of costs, methods and outcomes. You will be leading project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet challenging needs and requirements. You will provide leadership and manage, motivate and develop engineers and project managers to ensure a pipeline of competent staff within your group. You will be leading project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet challenging needs and requirements. You will provide leadership and manage, motivate and develop engineers and project managers to ensure a pipeline of competent staff within your group.
As a R&D Engineering Manager in the Project Management Office you will liaise with other functions and through effective information flow and interaction, ensure employees within your area of responsibility have the necessary information and resources to effectively perform their jobs. You motivate and develop competent personnel while ensuring staff clearly understand expectations and performance. You will resolve issues and ensure task completion by establishing priorities and reaching compromise with team members and functional managers. You will establish program objectives, timelines, milestones, and budget and responsible for timeline and goal setting to meet overall project objective and design.
Come for a job, stay for a career.
A Day in the Life
In this exciting role you will:
• Leads team responsible for design and development of cardiovascular device from concept generation to commercialization.
• Drives innovation of new product concepts and technologies to address unmet customer needs.
• Leads and ensures achievement of project objectives and milestones with initially complex or undetermined outcomes.
• Uses leadership skills to ensure that cross functional resources are assigned and held accountable for task and outcome completion.
• Leads project decision-making using personal expertise, customer input, and feasibility assessment.
• Manages project managers, and possibly other supervisors, involved in an array of product development and technology exploration projects.
• Actively mentors, coaches, and ensures career development plans are in place for direct reports.
• Responsible for managing functional and/or project budgets and resource allocation.
• Approximately 10% of job will require travel
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in technical field
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
• 5+ years of experience in product development
It would be ideal if you also had the following experience:
• 8+ years of experience in product development
• Experience in medical device product development
• Experience in project/program management
• Excellent verbal / communication skills in English
• 2 + years project or people management experience
• Cross-functional project team experience
• Extensive industry knowledge in implantable medical devices
• Experienced in working with large, multi-site, matrix organizations. Product design related to cardiovascular products