The IT Sr Project Manager is a key role charged with supporting segments of the company's functional organizations to drive the on-going evolution oftechnologyinfrastructureinvestments in support of strategic objectives andquality standards with West Marine's customers in mind. This position willreport to the Sr PMO and will work closely with senior management and company executives on a daily basis. She/he will beresponsible for leading and directing high-priority projects, which often require considerable resources and high levels of functional integration.
The Project Manager will be a quality driven individual, who will provide leadership, direction, coordination and coaching for project teams during their day-to-day management and implementation of IT & Business projects, programs, activities and processes. They are the hands-on expert in project planning and execution including: scope definition and management, task and resourcescheduling, cost and pricebudgeting, quality review and assurance, client relationship management, and project team management. They will be fully accountable for the on-time, onbudget delivery of business solutions.
Key Activities will include prioritization, sequencing, and program planning/management for aportfolio of projects,risk analysis, programreporting,financial analysis, and benefits management, project support (recovery, mentoring, planning, reviews, etc.), frequent, continuous and relevant communication and issue escalation, management and mentoring of Project Managers will berequired. Skills will be that the ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and communication skills and must be able to work with diverse project teams with members representing many segments and levels of the organization. The IT Project Manager must be willing to dive into the details of a project to expose issues andrisks. At the same time they must have a vision of the overall program and business strategy, be able to understand and communicate the inter-dependencies between multiple concurrent projects to drive long range plans at all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of Project Management best practices (PMBOK), processes and tools, including: scope management, schedule management, cost management, quality management, resource management, procurement, change management, risks management, issues management.
- Leads and directs the work of others in project/matrix organizations. Must have ability to build and convey the big picture, while always keeping an excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity and experience with Agile, iterative methodologies.
- Ensures adherence to quality standards and review project deliverables.
- Prepares reports for upper management regarding status of project. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must have good knowledge of Microsoft Project, Microsoft Excel and other Office applications.
- Must have excellent conflict management, influence and negotiating skills across teams and functions. Responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing the schedule to ensure timely completion of project. Oversees all aspects of projects. Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, and monitors and summarizes progress of project. Supports the project staff by facilitating project logistics such as meetings, conference rooms, conference calls, etc. Takes meeting minutes and action items during meetings and performs basic follow-up. Assists in development of presentations
- May perform release management duties.
- Effective problem-solving, analytical skills. Ability to analyze and synthetize information from various sources and produce effective reports for different audiences.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to tailor the message to the target audience. Attention to detail and follow-through.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, or Engineering. Masters degree a plus.
- Minimum of 5-7years experience in IT project and/or program management.
- Experience managing outsourced software development projects
- Detailed business process analysis and re-engineering a plus.
- PMP Certification is highly desirable.
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) is desirable.