We are looking for Application Developer for our client in Colorado Springs, CO
Job Title: Application Developer
Job Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- 1-2years of hands-on programming experience in applications development.
- Undergraduatedegree from an accredited college or university in information technology, computer science, or related fields.
- Documented proficiency working on development platforms, using multiple programming languages.
- Documented proficiency working collaboratively with teams across the software development life cycle.
- Familiarity with delivering application prototypes and pilots in various project methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
- Familiarity with using Application Programming Interfaces to integrate systems or data sources.
- Proficiency in time and task management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Powerpoint and Microsoft Excel.
Scope of Work
- Consult with Solution Architects, Solution Engineers, and others as appropriate to design applications in line with client strategies
- Collaborate with Business Analysts, Customers, Project Managers, and others as appropriate to assist in the creation of estimates and timelines.
- Develop applications in line with business requirements using Agile or Waterfall methodologies as needed.
- Perform coding (in-house applications) or configuration management (COTS applications) in accordance with standards and best practices and further minimize defects through disciplined unit testing.
- Coordinate update releases and other system changes, contribute to the implementation of break/fix solutions, and update documentation and configuration information related to changes as needed throughout the lifecycle.
- Organize, build, and validate all segments of the code related to a specific build (release) for final User
- Acceptance Testing.
- Ensure development activities within the position’s scope of responsibility are consistent with established service portfolio policies, procedures, standards and guidelines.
- Determine the best approach in the development of an application’s code to meet the customer’s current requirements and anticipate future enhancement needs.
- Identify and recommend changes to development policies, processes, templates and standard operating procedures to improve the overall quality of work being delivered.
- Collaborate across a matrix management environment with otherdevelopers and other department staff as needed. Must understand lines of authority and follow protocol to engage other resources
- Find unique ways to resolve issues in the development process to meet the requirements of the customers and lead to the most efficient implementation possible.