Under supervision, administers, designs, develops and implements a wide variety of programs in support of Human Resources and Corporate strategic direction. Program functional areas may include, but are not limited to, compensation, performance management, welfare benefits, retirement benefits, job analysis and description, disability, leave and time off benefits, affirmative action/equal employment opportunity, rewards and recognition and special assignments. Ensures all programs are in full compliance with relevant regulations and laws. Develops and implements human resources policies and procedures and their dissemination through Personnel Practices Manual, various corporate communications, and/or meetings. Prepares reports in conformance with legislated requirements or organization needs.
- · Plays a leadership role in development of human resources strategy group objectives and makes recommendations for enhancements in support of departmental and corporate strategies.
- · Is subject matter expert in benefits and provides guidance and advice.
- · Maintains the highest level of confidentiality in all aspects of day-to-day activities.
- · Leads effort to proactively assess organizational program needs, and designs, develops, implements and administers programs in support of those needs for assigned functional areas of responsibility. May assist with and provide support for functional areas other than those specifically assigned.
- · Develops budget for assigned programs, and administers them within existing budget guidelines. Manages discrepancies, and keeps manager informed of major deviations.
- · Prepares program proposals and delivers to members of management, including executives. This includes preparation of high quality proposal materials and oral presentations.
- · Ensures that assigned Human Resources programs are compliant with all legal requirements (e.g. ERISA, HIPAA, FLSA, FMLA, etc.).
- · Plans and manages projects for assigned areas. Develops detailed timeline for all projects to ensure timely delivery.
- · Monitors trends in assigned areas of responsibility, makes recommendations and develops and delivers proposals for adjustments to ensure market competitiveness of programs.
- · Assists employees, retirees, applicants and other customers with program questions, providing exceptional customer service at all times to bring prompt resolution to any issues that may arise. Monitors for trends and ensures resolution of root cause of issues, keeping manager aware of trends. Enlists manager’s assistance for resolution of most difficult/complex trends.
- · Authors a wide variety of employee communications for assigned areas. This includes but is not limited to bulletin board postings, Intranet postings, brochures, reports, etc. Makes presentations to groups of employees and other customers. Communicates clearly, timely, and effectively with others in Human Resources to ensure organizational credibility.
- · Ensures timely and accurate administration of all programs, including timely and accurate completion of all related paperwork and documentation (e.g. benefit enrollment, leave of absence, merit, staffing, etc.). Sets example for appropriate follow through. Maintains records with appropriate supporting material, and updates records as necessary.
- · Plans and coordinates regular, recurring human resource projects/events (i.e. job fairs, employee events, orientations, etc.). Such projects/events are generally large in scope and impact.
- · Develops and reports assigned metrics. Monitors trends and implements programs to ensure continuous improvement.
- · Performs related work as assigned.
Fully competent professional position, requiring a Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. A Master’s Degree in a related field is preferred. CEBS certification is preferred. SPHR or PHR is preferred. 6 – 10 years professional experience is required. Minimum of 5 years of Benefit Specialist experience with proven skills in that area – preferable with proven upward mobility.