Our ideal candidate will create, plan, and execute investor relations programs to effectively convey bluebird strategy and progress as well as deliver product, program and corporate messages to key audiences to achieve bluebird’s investor relations goals.
Under the direction of the CFO and in partnership with the SVP/VP of Corporate Communications, the Senior Director of IR will develop key communications strategies addressing the investor community, shape cohesive communications plans, and apply appropriate analytics as part of a cross-functional corporate communications team.
About the role:
- In partnership with CFO, develop, implement, and manage a strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure fair valuation of the company and accurate understanding of the company story and evolution with both the sell-side and buy-side
- Identify key issues and opportunities for investor communications and develop innovative investor relations strategies and programs accordingly, ensuring investor relations initiatives are effectively linked to corporate and department goals
- Develop and maintain close relationships with key investors and analysts by communicating the company’s story on a continuous, transparent and consistent basis, in compliance with corporate policies and securities regulations.
- Develop and lead review of investor-facing communications materials, including corporate announcements, investor presentations, press releases, conference call scripts, Q&As, and backgrounders
- Partner with numerous functions in the company, including public relations, marketing, medical affairs, patient advocacy, program management and clinical development, to enable accurate and optimal creation, evolution and delivery of key messages, and to ensure that investor communications are aligned with communications across all external audiences
- Ensure executive team is up to date on investor and analyst perceptions of the company; recommend and implement any necessary course corrections in messaging and relationship management
- Identify targeted institutional investors on an ongoing basis and build relationships
- Monitor industry and competitor developments, alert management and prepare proactive and reactive plans as needed
- Monitor industry-wide investor relations developments and provide guidance when necessary
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses to all external inquiries from investors, analysts
- Act as the corporate liaison to institutional investors and analysts
- Bachelors/Masters degree and 15+ years of relevant work experience, in investor relations, finance and/or on Wall Street, with a demonstrated understanding of the biotechnology industry
- Demonstrated relationships with buy-side investors and sell-side analysts
- Passion for helping patients through innovative science
- Public company experience is imperative
- Excellent ability to develop relationships and a proven ability to interact with individuals at all levels and in all environments
- Ability to navigate and demonstrate success in a fast paced, dynamic work environment which requires the collaboration of multiple people
- This position requires approximately 30% travel +/-
- Be ready to embrace bluebird’s core values: b colorful, b cooperative, and b yourself.