Responsible for leading a Controls team that supports management testing of controls and assessment of actuarial controls framework. Works as an advisor to Actuarial lines of business and Modernization to support, develop, and evolve the control framework
- Participates in activities of Controls Team to
- Perform management testing and walkthroughs of controls across Transamerica’s actuarial control framework
- Support/coordinate the update or development of actuarial control process maps and control matrices
- Support substantive comparison of assumption and other standing data used by actuarial models from period to period
- Engage in controls development and assessment consulting for actuarial models, actuarial processes and related reporting
- Develops reporting of management testing results with Operation Risk Management and other interested/engaged constituents
- Participates in negotiation with various parties in determining the extent of control coverage
- Potential to periodically work with external vendors to supplement ongoing controls testing activities
- Works with line-of-business management on controls assessment, evolution and reporting
- Requires a graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance, business, or related field with 4 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree and FSA/CFA/Equivalent Designation plus 5 years relevant work experience OR Bachelor’s degree plus 8years relevant work experience may be substituted for graduate degree.
- Must possess an understanding of insurance, investment and finance concepts and be able to apply them in connection with the Transamerica actuarial control framework.
- Should have an excellent understanding of investment and insurance products.
- Individuals with SOX or controls assessment background is preferred.
Behavioral and Leadership Competencies:
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of integrity and trust
- Process and systems oriented with a broad understanding