Guided by ourshared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for eachother lead to superior results. We elevate eachother and obsess about doing the right thing. Ourassociates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to changebanking for good.Senior Manager, CloudEngineering
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, we measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared vision and culture, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. Although we are a bank, we operate as a tech company. We write our own code, develop our own software, and build our own products. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. We are changing banking for good because we dare to dream, disrupt, and deliver a better way.
Tech College Position Overview:
We are creating something unique and unprecedented: a re-imagined hub for technology training called Tech College. This is a bold investment in developing our associates and leaders, recruiting top technical and non-technical talent, and continuing to differentiate ourselves in the market. Tech College aims to transform our approach to enabling our associates and leaders with the technical skills they need to be successful in current and future roles. We constantly strive to deliver impactful and engaging learning experiences through the most cutting-edge methods to directly enable the success of our people and our business.
As Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering for Tech College, you’ll use your deep expertise in Cloud Computing to design, develop, and deliver highly engaging learning experiences and solutions. You’ll work with a team of engineers, designers, and Agilists to develop products that will fuel our growth as a Tech company and help our associates develop cutting-edge skills.
The Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering will partner with the Director of Cloud Engineering and Learning Program Manager to lead and direct the curriculum strategy and learner experience design for Tech College’s Cloud Computing curriculum. You will use your deep technical experience to own and drive a curriculum that enables Capital One associates and executives to develop awareness and skills in Cloud Computing, from basic to mastery levels.
The Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering will partner with the Director of Cloud Engineering to design curriculum, develop and deliver courses, and identify a network of Subject Matter Experts to teach courses and provide peer-to-peer coaching on Cloud Computing topics.
The Senior Manager of Cloud Engineering will support the Director of Cloud Engineering and Director of External Partnerships to assess existing vendor relationships and develop new relationships as needed (e.g., universities, content providers) to bring the best technology learning offerings to Capital One.
This is a rare opportunity to be in a role with meaningful impact, challenging problems to solve, creative freedom and autonomy, strong support, and the ability to stay on the cutting edge of knowledge, skills, and tech. If you are a deep Cloud Computing expert with a passion for engineering cutting-edge technologyexperiences, we would love to meet you!
- Provide deep subject matter expertise to create and maintain the Tech College Cloud Computing curriculum
- Work with a team of Cloud Engineers, Learning Program Managers, and Learning Associates to build and deliver effective Cloud Computing learning experiences through a variety of modalities
- Drive the Tech College Cloud Computing curriculum by assessing future organizational needs and analyzing emerging trends
- Work with the Director of Cloud Engineering to identify a Subject Matter Expert network of Cloud Computing professionals made up of individuals from both within and outside of Capital One to teach courses and establish peer-to-peer learning
- Partner with external learning content vendors to curate, assess, and revise relevant content to create an industry-leading learner experience
- Advise on Tech College learning personas and learning paths
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 5 years of Cloud Engineeringexperience
- At least 3 years in one or more of the following programming languages: Python, Node.JS and/or Java
- At least 3 years of experience with architecture and development of AWS hosted solutions, leveraging various AWS services (e.g. EC2, S3, ELB, AutoScaling etc)
- At least 3 years with Continuous Integration Continuous Development tools such as Git, Jenkins, CodeDeploy / CodePipeline
- At least 3 years with Automation tools such as Chef, Ansible, CloudFormation, TerraForm
- Master’s Degree
- One or more Cloud computing industry certifications (e.g. AWS Certifications)
- 7+ years of experience in cloud engineering
- 5+ years of experience in DevOps engineering
- 5+ years of experience creating learning strategy and curriculum in a technology organization
- At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
Job ID R29182