The Systems (Test) Engineer III will report to the Program Manager on the program he/she is supporting and works in concert with the Project Engineer and lead functional engineers to effectively execute the program. SNC is looking for test and certification experts for flight testing our sensor systems. The position will focus on test planning and test execution while working closely with our customers. The position also requires working closely with DoD certifying authorities to plan and execute testing that will support a full rate production decision. SNC is looking for aerospace, systems, or related engineering disciplines with extensive flight test or systems test experience. Experience working with airworthiness approval authorities on certification issues is also desired. Aviation safety experience with either fixed-wing aircraft or rotorcraft is a plus. This position requires creative problem solving to adjust to a dynamic environment and customer needs with a detail oriented and open personality.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct research that test and analyze the feasibility, design, operation and performance of equipment, components and systems.
- Lead the program efforts to interpret customer requirements and decompose them into hardware and system requirements and specifications. This includes development of test plans, procedures and reports designed to verify system performance requirements.
- Ensure that all specifications, designs and developments adhere to SNC standards and customer requirements.
- Provide support in the development and maintaining of configuration baselines for systems and sub-systems.
- Coordination, analysis, and management of test efforts to include but not limited to Test and Evaluation Master Plans (TEMPs), requirements documents, and airworthiness documents.
- Ability to lead and oversee a team of engineers during the execution of test missions and briefings
- Provide support for test planning working groups, test card prep, execution, and posttest mission summary reports.
- Participate in test scenario definition and planning which will include knowledge of statistics or Design of Experiments (DOE) to generate test matrices and conditions.
- Create test plans in conjunction with other systems engineers to ensure proper system configuration and limitations are documented.
- Work with the test instrumentation engineers to ensure the sensors and recording systems are installed for required data parameters, and preparing the test card mission lineup for each test.
- Review and validate test data, providing statistical analyses, as applicable, and developing test reports
- Participate as a member of and/or support specified Program Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) and IPT directed technical and business meetings. Provide budget inputs to support test execution.
- Originate specifications, control documents, verification and validation plans, procedures, reports, or other documentation in support of design and development activities.
- Ability to work with multiple external organizations, including DoD test and program management organizations.
- Assist with identification of test resources and identification/resolution of test engineering issues.
- Maintain detailed, specific knowledge of all aspects of the test missions, including test procedures, Aircraft Operating Limits (AOLs) and Temporary Operating Procedures (TOPs).
- Work with other Engineers to implement operating procedures, resolve system issues and provide technical information.
- Position requires willingness to accept changing and evolving roles and responsibilities in support of customers’ requirements and needs.
- Occasional planned non-standard shifts will be required.
- Travel as required to support test requirements.
- This position is expected to provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are expected to be imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives.
- This position is expected to work under general direction. It is expected that the successful candidate would be capable of independently determining and developing problem solution approaches.
- This position will contribute directly and significantly to the completion of specific program goals and objectives.
- It is expected that this position will engage in frequent inter-organizational and external customer contact. The successful candidate will be expected to represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Act as a technical liaison to the Program Manager.
- Compliance with established working hours and attendance.
- Support business development in defining systems architectures for business opportunities during the program capture phase.
- Effectively support SNC proposal process to include developing engineering estimates, technical cost, scheduling of tasks, and associated risk/opportunity assessments.
- Support the engineering team on refining the system architecture during the proposal effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations.
- Work closely with manufacturingengineeringto:
- Ensure product manufacturability, testability and supportability of the developed system
- Plan production fixtures, test procedures and test equipment
- Support the project engineer in tracking the EPP
- Prepare material for, and conduct periodic design reviews
- Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management.
- This is a full-time position located in Sparks, NV
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Requires a BS in Systems Engineering or other related technical degree, and at least 6 years relevant engineeringexperience OR Master’s Degree in Engineering with 4 years relevant experience..
- Knowledge of a statistical language, such as MATLAB or Python, for data analysis
- Experience with various modeling methods including logistic regression, statistical modeling, ANOVA, time series, etc.
- Ability to present and defend complex analysis internally and externally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Passion for problem solving, answering hard questions with data, and continuous learning
- Ability to rapidly work with minimal supervision on projects involving both small and large engineering teams.
- Must be able to work in a highly collaborative, face-paced environment with emphasizes in rapid prototyping and fielding of capabilities.
- Previous experience and skills in project definition, simulation, implementation, integration and test are required.
- Experience as a Test Director for a Department of Defense program or project considered a plus.
- The successful candidate will demonstrate complete understanding and wide application of technical principle, theories, and concepts in the field. Additionally, demonstration of general knowledge of other related disciplines is expected.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job ID : R0004198