Business Development/Sales Manager, Chemical Development - Europe
Albany Molecular Research Inc. provides global contract research and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
The Manager of Sales for Discovery & Development Services will design and implement the strategies and related operational actions for the profitable development of AMRI’s Contract Services Business. The focus of this role will be Chemical Development and Manufacturing Business Development Sales in Europe. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for the Territory’s established Sales quota and key account relationships.
- New account development and establishment of profitable growth in target markets.
- Working closely with the Vice President, Sales to establish the commercial strategy, goals, actions and budgets for the Territory.
- Assist the Vice President, Sales in identifying market potential by identifying client requirements, defining market, competitors’ share, and competitors’ advantages and weaknesses, forecastingprojected business, establishing targeted Company share.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery scheduled, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Ensure existing accounts are serviced effectively, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by planning and organizing daily workschedule to call on potential clients.
- Call on prospective accounts, provide technical and administrative product information, coordinate presentations, and support proposal generation. Prepare client-specific presentations and otherdata to respond to client needs.
- Generate new business leads. Utilize strong interpersonal skills when negotiating contracts and/or bids and building long-term relationships with potential external partners and/or customers.
- Plan, develop, implement and evaluate advertising, and trade promotion programs for the Territory.
- Work withinternal teams to translate client needs and expectations into increased business.
- Perform other duties as may be reasonably assigned in the course of business.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- BS/MS in Life Sciences or another related scientific discipline preferred.
- Minimum of 5years business-to-businesssalesexperience in development, discovery and/or related industry.
- Strong commercial and negotiating skills, necessary to promote complex services to sophisticated clients in pharmaceutical and biotechnology R&D areas.
- Good interpersonal, communications and presentation skills, capable of identifying appropriate clients and partners, establishing and maintaining the necessary effective business relationships.
- Positive and enthusiastic personality and the energy, drive and stamina to bring projects to a successful conclusion.
- Able and willing to operate remotely, while remaining a key member of the AMRI team.
- Strong knowledge of European market
- Significant experience in the pharmaceutical industry, combining sales and marketingexperience with a track record in the successful closure of deals and a demonstrable network of contacts within the customer community worldwide.
- Broad and deep understanding of the pharmaceutical and biotech markets and decision-making dynamics within the companies operating in this space.
Travel Requirements 50% travel required (overnight travel is required).
Shift: Standard 8