The Applications & Systems Engineer is responsible for providing expert advice and guidance on the proper application of Metso crushing and screening equipment and ensuring optimum performance and customer satisfaction. Supporting the sales activities of internal Metso sales support team members as well as our external distributor sales team members. The goal of this sales and technical support position, often working directly with aggregate producers and engineering partners, is to provide the best possible solution for our customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical and application support, guidance and advice as required both internally and externally for potential new installations and to optimize existing installations.
- Analyze crushing circuits to make qualified recommendations for new machinery and equipment selections, new or changing applications, circuit creation and/or circuit improvements.
- Review and approve distributor’s Application Data Forms (ADFs) for Metso equipment.
- Periodically participate in plant audits with distributor and key account personnel.
- Assist the Distribution Managers (DMs) and Metso Training Department as a trainer/instructor in proper application techniques and provide guidance for internal and external training materials including our interactive web-based training modules.
- Analyze end customer’s production requirements and assist in the development of plant flow simulations and layouts.
- Collect and analyze field data for existing machines, new product launches, prototypes and provides resulting data to the business lines as required.
- Provide special attention and guidance for production and performance warranty fulfillment and risks.
- Provide sales support, technical problem solving or trouble-shooting via site visits with Metso and distributor sales and support team members.
- Provide guidance for liner selection including but not limited to review and approval of application data forms (ADFs) and the related inventory requirements of crushing circuits.
- Assist in the response and pricing process for complex equipment proposals (RFIs & RFQs) required by the distributor network from time to time.
- Support the service support team in the timely response to problem resolutions and proactive failure prevention.
- Make product and service presentations to key accounts and distributor crushing specialists.
- Participate with our distributors in regional trade shows and trade association meetings.
- Four (4) year applicable Engineering or Technical Degree.
- 5+ years' progressive applicable industry, company, and product experience.
- Proven record of professional accomplishments and reliability.
- Keen understanding of construction/aggregate applications, the industry, and customers.
- Basic understanding of third party distribution processes.
- Familiarity with various sales management processes.
- Ability to plan, organize, and work independently in a deadline-driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively on several projects at the same time with attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to engage in problem solving and process imporvement.
- Advanced proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access)
- Exceptional verbal, written, and listening skills to facilitate presentations, manage internal and external interfaces and build strong relationships.
- Ability to travel overnight +/- 30% or more, occasionally on short notice.
- Valid driver's license and passport.
- Expert knowledge of broad range of crushing and screening equipment and consumable products
- Master's or advanced degree
- A friendly, respectful environment
- Challenging opportunities that contribute to the development and enhancement of Metso’s industry leading solutions
- An opportunity to work in a global community
- Pride in working for an industry leader in mining, aggregates, recycling and oil and gas (one of the top employers in Finland!)
- Competitive healthcare options, 401K matching, flexible work schedules, tuition reimbursement, and much more!