Snagajob, America’s #1 spot for hourly work, is the only company solely committed to providing recruitment and hiring solutions to the hourly industry. With over 65 million registered job seekers and a leading hourly-focused talent management system, Snagajob has been serving hourly workers and those who employ them since 2000.
With offices in Richmond, VA, and the Washington, D.C., metro area, Snagajob has been named to Fortune Magazine’s Great Place to Work® list for each of the past eight years.
Snagajob is seeking an experienced and team-oriented API Engineer to develop the technology that powers one of the largest and fastest growing hiring platforms in the country. The right candidate is energetic, self-motivated, and enjoys being a key contributor in an entrepreneurial environment. Proven track record of success and a passion for delivering high-quality and large scale applications is crucial.
What We Believe
- We believe that what we do is a craft and that making great software is a collaboration of art and science.
- We believe that business goals are met most efficiently when they are aligned with top flight technical execution.
- We believe in continually examining our practices in architecture, testing, development, deployment and support.
- We believe in a strong culture where working hard and having fun go hand in hand.
What You'll Bring
- Collaborate with team and Product to generate and fully define innovative new product features that serve millions of users.
- Provide accurate scoping and estimation of development efforts based on product requirements and a solid grasp of the relevant technologies.
- Work both independently and in a team environment to design, implement, and test highly available and highly performing functionalities to a heavily trafficked web site.
- Lead the charge in maintaining and scaling our underlying technical infrastructure.
- Collaborate with and mentor other team members.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years experience developing large scale and multi-tiered web applications. Experience developing and supporting a multi-tenant SaaS product strongly preferred.
- 5+ years hands-on experiences in object oriented development usingASP.NET, C# and related software development tools.
- Excellent knowledge of REST APIs and related technologies, e.g. HTTP, REST, JSON, and XML. Experience withMicroservices or Web API a plus.
- Fluent in database entity design using NoSQL, especially MongoDB. Experience with schema design and SQL using Microsoft SQL Server and Entity Framework a plus.
- Exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, with strong interest in tackling diverse technical problems.
- Thorough understanding of Agile practices, and ability to adjust in a fast-paced environment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
What you get to do:
- Share ownership of a platform with a highly collaborative development team.
- Work on a suite of products to help connect workers and employers.
- Explore new technologies and frameworks to drive our architecture forward.
- Focus on engineering craftsmanship and best practices.
- Teach, mentor and learn with the team.
What You Can Expect From Snagajob
Snagajob offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401k plan, health and fitness incentives, 20 days of PTO to start and 2 days of paid community service time, eligibility for performance-based bonuses, and casual fun work environment with an award winning culture. Snagajob is an equal opportunity employer.
With more than 80 million registered hourly workers and 300,000 employer locations, Snagajob is America’s #1 hourly marketplace. We focus on creating instant and quality connections so workers can get jobs and employers can hire workers—in minutes. Since 2000, our mission has been to put people in right fit-positions so they can maximize their potential and live more fulfilling lives. We do this through the Snagajob marketplace and PeopleMatter, our end-to-end platform of talent and workforce management solutions. Our mobile sourcing, hiring, training, scheduling, and performance management tools drive results for single-locationoperators to Fortune 500 businesses with thousands of locations, across the restaurant, retail, hospitality and healthcare industries.