Job Title: Technology Scientist
The CLIENT is a leading manufacturing organization in the Custom Sheet, Roll Stock and Packaging markets with over a dozen locations throughout the United States. We have a broad customer base with extensive product offerings and technologies. Many of our materials are used in products you might see every day - for example - if you start your morning with a single serve yogurt, the container you ate from may be made from one of our CLIENT’s products. Or the refrigerator where the yogurt was stored could have CLIENT products in its interior features. More unique uses of our products can be seen in military or security applications - for example - in fighter jet canopies, or bullet resistant windows (i.e. bullet proof glass). From routine daily-life, to life-saving applications, we make a difference. Our broad scope of products and services keep our environment interesting and challenging with a culture focused on success. If you want to make a difference in a fast-paced environment with a company large enough to offer you room to grow - but not so large that you become “just a number”, our CLIENT might be the ideal company for you.
General Summary and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The Technology Scientist is responsible for the design, development, and improvement of custom polymer products working closely with the sales and marketing team. Identifying and prioritizing development opportunities to further drive the growth of specialty formulations is pivotal to the success of this position. *This includes formulating new polymer products or to meet customers' requirements.
Other duties include:
· Develop innovative solutions that position the CLIENT as a leading specialty solutions provider for customers; and create value for customers through value-added technical services.
· Partner internally and externally to innovate new technology and penetrate strategic markets to solve customer problems.
· Effectively deploy idea generation, project management, design of experiments, and othertechnology tools.
· Contribute to a culture of innovation through creativity, cooperation, collaboration, and engagement.
· Modify existing formulation without compromising key properties; formulate new materials to meet customers’ requirements or desired properties and plans, Maintain and protect all formulations developed, as well as all formulations transferred from otherCLIENT sites.
· Coordinate with manufacturing for productile-up and assist with the trouble shooting & process improvement processes where necessary. Understand and select appropriate raw materials to achieve the required properties and applications.
· Instrumental in sourcing new raw materials for product development purposes and planning raw material cost saving programs through collaboration with Purchasing, Product, Production and Sales Departments where appropriate. Partner effectively with product stewardship and testing requirements.
Desired Experience & Education
· Minimum: Degree in Chemistry (organic or polymer) or Chemical Engineering or significant work experience directly relevant to the position.
· At least Five (5) years of relevant experience with ability to operate independently.
· PVC polymer experience is a significant plus.
· Key competencies: Leadership; working independently; customer centric; collaborative; strong communicator; possess advanced critical thinking & problem solving skills; team player