Senior Director, Human Resources & Administration
Lead the development, implementation and coordination of the Human Resource function. Create policies and programs including recruitment, employment, orientation and training, employee relations, compensation, employee benefits and employee services to support overall business strategies for growth. Develop and manage the company culture to attract and support a high-functioning and passionate workforce. Coordinate the consistent administration of human resources policies, procedures and programs throughout the global organization.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities:
- Develop the Human Resources strategic plan and the annual budget, and provide leadership in translating corporate strategies and business objectives into functional plans and goals for the HR Team.
- Ensure organizational structure, company culture and HR practices support attainment of business goals and objectives.
- Lead the HR team in all in projects and day-to-day activities. Provide guidance & mentorship to support the growth of each team member.
- Work with management to communicate the company vision, strategies and plans to the company.
- Identify opportunities for program and procedures to support the organization’s ambitious growth goals.
- Develop, recommend and implement human resource policies and procedures for the entire company; maintain the employee handbook.
- Direct and participate in the recruiting for and selection of candidates to fill vacant positions. Ensure the quality of personnel hired and the effectiveness of recruiting and selection techniques and compliance with regulatory requirements. Direct the orientation of new employees.
- Responsible for managing the employee performance appraisal system to insure that company policies are being adhered to. Conduct annual salary surveys and recommend budget salary increase percentage. Establish and maintain pay structures; analyze salary grades and ranges annually for competitiveness within industry. Review and update, as necessary, all job descriptions. Assist in developing individual and group incentive compensation plans.
- Coordinate annual renewal for all employee benefit plans. Oversee administration of employee enrollment, changes and termination for all plans. Recommend modifications to plans to ensure the company provides cost effective, competitive benefits to employees. Manage workers’ compensation and unemployment claims, FMLA and ADA programs, and severance program.
- Review and recommend employee and management training needs. Contract with outside sources when necessary to provide group training.
- Direct and participate in employee relations functions ensuring positive morale and a fun work environment. Coordinate employee incentive, team building, employee suggestion and wellness programs. Counsel management personnel regarding employee performance issues, disciplinary procedures, rewards programs, etc. Perform exit interviews.
- Identify legal requirements and government reporting regulations under OSHA, COBRA, ERISA, WARN, wage/hour, EEO/AAP, drug testing and other relevant statutes. Counsel top management on potential exposure of the company to emerging labor law trends. Prepare information requested or required for regulatory compliance. In consultation with legal counsel, represent company in all employee grievances and legal matters.
- Identify opportunities to automate HR related process, programs & procedures in the company HRIS system. Ensure HR team’s knowledge of HRIS and support training & development of employees and managers to encourage utilization of automated processes.
- Identify, develop and communicate metrics for HR related activities including turnover, recruitment, benefits utilization, compensation etc.
- Monitor systems for proper processing and accuracy of employee records. Generate and distribute frequent reports related to headcount, turnover, recruitment activity and other relevant HR metrics.
- Provide Human Resource services as outlined above and as required for Laticrete International Joint Ventures and Subsidiaries.
- Performs other duties and assumes accountabilities as apparent or as delegated, including mutually agreed upon objectives.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, tact, maturity and flexibility.
- Excellent team building and leadership skills. Ability to coach and mentor at all levels.
- Ability to interact well with employees of all levels, executive team, outside agencies & representatives, governmental agencies, legal counsel for Human Resource issues, community contacts.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with regular daily activities. High degree of responsibility.
- Computer skills: Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook. Experience with HRIS; ADP & WorkdayPreferred.
- Bending and reaching to file. Infrequent ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Team Cooperation – maintain positive, cooperative attitude with all employees of Laticrete and all customers.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in related field plus seven to ten years of human resources leadership experience. SPHR certification & Master’s degreepreferred.
1. 20% or more, including international, some with little notice.
2. Must have or be able to obtain a passport.