We are currently looking for a Senior Accountant. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for applying generally accepted accounting principles and procedures to analyze financial information, prepare accurate and timely financialreports and statements and ensure appropriate accounting control procedures. The Senor Accountant will be expected to work with minimal up-front guidance and take ownership for their work product. This position will report to the Assistant Controller, and will interact closely with the Accounting Department as well as all major functional leaders of the Company. The ideal candidate should be a highly motivated self-starter, a creative problem solver, with a strong accounting background. An individual who is positive, interactive, resourceful and creative in problem solving by thinking "out of the box" will be highly valued in this role.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to preparing complex account reconciliations
- Compile and analyze financial information to help prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual financial
- Ensure financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures
- Meet all financialreporting deadlines
- Prepare financial management reports
- Improve current processes and efficiencies
- Leverage on accounting system to automate activities where practicable
- Establish and monitor the implementation and maintenance of accounting control procedures
- Resolve accounting discrepancies and irregularities
- Assist with financialaudit
- Collect and analyze financial information to recommend or develop efficient use of resources and procedures. Ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and integrity of financial data
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of SOX 404 including documentation of processes and procedures, and implementation of controls
- Assist in the preparation of the Quarterly and Annual Reports on Form 10-Q/K.
- Develop and maintain policies, procedures and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility
- Maintain strict confidentiality
- Other duties and projects as assigned
- 5-7 years of accounting/financeexperience preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Must have a strong accounting background and have excellent analytical skills; understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word.
- Familiarity with Oracle, a plus.
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with a multi-department team.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Finance and Accounting related certifications and designations (CPA), a plus.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL & MENTAL FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to concentrate for periods of 4 – 6 hours at a time.
- Ability to use extensively the computer keyboard, mouse and monitor.
- Ability to lift at least 0-20 pounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team and take on new tasks with high level of difficulty.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to continually improve knowledge and understanding of accounting standards and stay abreast of ever changing accounting and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate both internally and externally effectively.
- Ability to review and self-check work for accuracy and create a high quality end work product.
- Punctuality and regular attendance and long or evening/weekend hours when needed.
- Ability to work in a venue such as a hotel or other organization’s meeting room with the possible inclusion of weekends.
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and changes in workload priorities, ability to prioritize tasks, and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain great attention to detail and ability to concentrate for long periods of time and produce very high quality work product needing minimal review by management.
- Ability to travel domestically 0-10% of the time when necessary via car or by air.
The individual should appreciate our entrepreneurial, fast-paced, agile, and dynamic work setting. He/she should be enthusiastic and energetic, goal-driven, and highly motivated to complete tasks in a timely, efficient manner. The candidate should also thrive in a strong team environment, be a self-starter and comfortable speaking up in company meetings.