Senior Key Account Manager Home Depot
Senior Key Account Manager Home Depot
Add toBookmarks Refer a FriendShareAPPLY Atlanta, GA
Press escape toclose dialog
POSTING LOCATIONGAALantaFULL-TIMEFull-timeREGULAR/ TEMPORARYRegularJob Summary:
Manage sales activities for The Home Depot (store and on line) to include coordinating the efforts of all internal functions to service and profitably grow the accounts. Collaborate with customer and internal departments (product and channel management) to capitalize on current and future product offerings toensure we are maximizing the accounts' potential. Work to develop any specific SKU's needed. Share ideas and customer needs through all phases of product life cycle.
In priority order, list key areas of responsibility essential to the position. Indicate % of time spent on each key area, including 5% required "other duties as assigned." The total should not exceed 100%.
% of Time Description
75% Develop & Execute Strategic Selling Strategies
- Develop and implement annual sales strategy to grow sales and drive profitability.
- Develop specific customer plans to achieve top line sales goals.
- Collaborate with customer and internal departments (product and channel management) to capitalize on current and future product offerings toensure we are maximizing the accounts' potential. Work to develop any specific SKU's needed. Share ideas and customer needs through all phases of product life cycle.
- Coordinate and communicate monthly plans to regularly meet withaccounts.
- Coordinate and deliver sales presentations effectively utilizing resources available.
- Foster and maintain positive business relationships with all levels of customer associates.
- Work with marketing, product management, finance, sales administration and distribution to communicate and execute plan. Plans include listings, advertising, co-op, expenses, shipments, etc.
- Effectively utilize and execute marketing resources for the selling of programs, products, and promotions.
- Participate in sales meetings and trade shows representing the company and presenting products and programs.
10% Perform Analytical Account Duties
- Provide monthly and ongoing accurate sales forecasts by customer by SKU to identified recipients.
- Participate in monthly billing meetings to communicate sales number.
- Review daily shipped, open, back orders, and returns that impact territory performance.
- Develop advertising and promotion budget for accounts (Co-op Checkbook). Manage expenses and account activity to meet or exceed budget.
- Use account profitability model to consistently assess status of accounts.
- Negotiate product pricing and promotional spending annually or as needed.
10% Conduct Effective Internal & External Communication
- Follow-up and follow through on customer requests in a timely manner.
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and issues.
- Provide regular feedback through presentations to marketing and management on effectiveness of programs, competitive insight, and overall territory performance.
- Communicate and stay abreast of industry trends to understand account needs and positioning.
5% Other Duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
Job-Related Experience/ Skills/ Competencies:
- 5 + years successful consumer products sales management experience, preferably to Home Depot (store & on line)
- Accomplishment-oriented with demonstrated track record of growing profitable sales.
- Previous experience with development of account strategic business plans to include: product offerings, forecasts, advertising/co-op, profitability, expenses and any specific distribution needs.
- PC literate in Microsoft Office applications with utilization of business systems and data management tools required (i.e. data warehouse, business objects, Oracle).
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and organizational skills, including forecasting.
- Must demonstrate creativity and innovative thinking.
- Strong communication skills -- written, verbal and excellent presentation skills to include questioning to identify priorities.
- Demonstrated negotiation skills with ability to handle objections and resolve issues in positive manner.
- Proactive with positive approach and sense of urgency.
- Self motivated with intense commitment for knowledge of territory numbers and meeting and exceeding goals.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently or with internalresources in a fast-paced business environment.
- Must be able and willing to participate in community and customer engagements as the position requires--may require employee to conduct business outside of regular business hours, including nights and weekends
- Willing to relocate to assigned territory, as well as TTI Floor Care Corporate Headquarters
Ability to travel frequently via auto and air with occasional overnight travelrequired.