Director, Product Managment & Development - Gateway Health
The position leads the efforts to create and maintain the product strategy & roadmap, product innovation pipeline management, product concept development, strategic initiative planning and coordination, collaboration with sales, internal stakeholders in each region and outside vendors and consultants. This position is also responsible for staff meeting planning and coordination, budget administration and intern program coordination.
The position directs, coordinates, and manages multiple programs, products and initiatives as it relates to performance from a financial, operational, procedural, compliance, and market delivery perspective resulting in product/program/initiative value realization. All performed activities span the service area as well as nationally. Many responsibilities include all market segments (e.g. individual, small, large, associate member). Oversees and implements product management and development policies, objectives and initiatives. Defines product strategy and ensures product activities are in alignment with product vision and corporate strategy. Coordinates, collaborates and oversee initiatives involving internal and external constituents (e.g. vendors, IDN, providers, diversified services) as necessary to ensure successful delivery of new products and programs from ideation through launch. Communicates and represents Product Strategy across the organization. Responsible for providing direction to matrix staff across the enterprise for the purpose of product/program/initiative implementation. Participates and contribute multi-discipline workgroups and represent Highmark in external settings.
- Identify, develop, manage and direct the implementation of innovative product/program offerings and variations that align with the Enterprise corporate strategic and business goals to meet customer needs, grow and maintain market share while ensuring product effectiveness, efficiency and maintaining product integrity.
- Initiate and develop new product strategy plans that are shared with executive leaders. Consult with senior executives for concept definition, planning, product strategy, product marketing and product development. Present recommendations/requirements on product strategy, product pricing and product plans based upon market need/research that support overall corporate goals. Includes ideation and launch of products that create new revenue streams for the organization.
- Review and approve all materials (product description documents, benefit booklets, contracts, subscription agreements, sales support materials, communications/publications, web materials, etc.) to ensure that these documents support existing product specifications and reflect the current product offering, administration and/or the modifications resulting from new initiatives.
- Represent the department on various enterprise wide work groups and project teams as subject matter experts pertaining to group and individual products/benefits and capabilities. May include representation from a clinical platform product perspective and non-core medical perspective as well. Serve as subject matter experts on all corporate mandate projects.
- Direct all phases of the preparation and management of work/action plans by the department professional team to provide effective oversight to the total product development life cycle from product concept, product development, product implementation and product maintenance.
- Ensures that products and programs are monitored and maintained in accordance with product contracts, product policies, rules and regulations. Respond to inquiries and benefit exception requests from the respective markets, external entities, and other partners of care delivery
- Facilitate collaboration and cooperation across multiple departments and functional areas as required to ensure that the product development life cycle activity is completed according to the work plan. Coordination activities include collaboration with external entities such as vendors, physicians, employer groups, consultants and others to enhance the enterprise’s business position. Support internal constituents in their efforts to collaborate with their partners.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Five (5) years’ experience in any of the following: Health insurance, products, sales, pricing or marketing.
- Three (3) years of leadership experience.
- Prior Medicare experience in a Health plan or Health care consulting setting.
- Creativity necessary to envision future products, and how consumers will relate to those products.
- Ability to direct and manage Corporate-wide activities.
- Experience managing professional staff and familiarity working within a wide variety of health care, financial, research, administrative, and communication disciplines.
- Problem solving skills, project management skills, and thorough knowledge of health care, insurance and general health care financing.
- Thorough knowledge of insurance administration, product marketing, strategic planning, financial management and reimbursement techniques.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills as well as conceptual and analytical skills.
- Able to take charge of and accountability for management of professional staff working on multiple projects to assure corporate deadlines and objectives are met.