Federal Project Manager - International Site
1. Acts as the primary on-site leader for a four+ person execution team on assigned projects. Develops project schedules and executes according to plan for assigned projects.
2. Evaluates the contractual scope of work and the impact of client issued bulletins, field directives and / or scheduling changes. Actively pursues additional work through change orders. Performs associated cost estimates, prepares proposals and negotiates final settlement price and customer acceptance.
3. Manages costs, billings and collections. Completes project billings in a timely and accurate format to the client. Maintains profitability goals and positive cash flow.
4. Reviews and interprets contract Terms and Conditions.
5. Analyzes financialreporting systems and project schedules to proactively address potential problems. Effectively communicates project progress, issues and financial status to management as required.
6. Manages risks and establishes project recovery plans when required. Resolves disputes with minimal need for escalation.
7. Negotiates, prepares and issues subcontracts.
8. Ensures project document controls are in compliance with contract requirements and JCI standards.
9. Oversees project construction for compliance with specifications, local codes and installation techniques.
10. Manages the selection, ordering, and delivery schedule of materials to be procured for the projects assigned.
11. Develops and maintains viable long-term relationships with customers, consultants, prime contractors and subcontractors. Attends job progress meetings as required. Ensures subcontractors understand expectations of the project.
12. Ensures any engineering and commissioning performed by the field team is in accordance with established standards. Facilitates escalation of product related problems.
13. Assists Sales Manager and Operations Manager in project development efforts.
14. Coordinates customer-training requirements.
15. For select projects, may self-perform sales support activities early in the audit process to provide input on vendor/partners selection, scope enhancements, value engineering, risk assessment etc.
16. For select projects, may self-perform cost estimating, project scheduling and project management of assigned projects.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Construction, Civil, Mechanical, ElectricalEngineering, Construction Management or Architecture, or an Associate’s Degree with equivalent work related experience and minimum of ten years of direct project management experience in the Building Construction Industry.
2. Able to execute $20M+ projects of higher project and contract complexity
3. Experience in dealing with a large and diverse number of simultaneous challenges, requiring knowledge of many different disciplines.
4. Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to directly manage mechanical and/or technical project workforce. Must have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience.
6. Able to travel. This person will be based on Kwajalein during the active portion of the project’s construction phase with off island travel as needed to meet with Johnson Controls team members. Travel will vary on project requirements to locations such as Guam, Hawaii and the Continental US. Projects may exist outside of assigned geography.
7. Proficient in Project Management software and financial accounting systems.
8. Strong personal computer working capabilities in MS Office (excel, word, power point), Adobe Writer, Visio and basic Windows environment.
9. Experience with Federal and/or Performance Contracting based projects preferred
10. The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance required. (This involves a background/character, criminal history, employment, and credit check.)
11. Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification preferred
12. OCONUS project management/constructionexperiencepreferred