The Sr. Instructional Designer reports to the Training Manager and is responsible for leading projects of all levels of complexity and applies advanced understanding of the ADDIE model (analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation), adult learning theory, and instructional design principles to project related work.
Serves as a liaison and representative to Epic and JHM communities, work groups, and committees. Performs task analysis, long term and short term planning, and determines training needs of the end users. Manages multiple projects through planning, scheduling, assigning, coordinating and reviewing tasks performed by assigned resources.
This individual is certified in selected Epic applications and is responsible for the following primary tasks:
- Conducts organizational and entity-based training needs assessments.
- Collects and analyzes data from business owners and application teams regarding potential new processes, procedures, systems, etc., to determine performance gaps and recommend training solutions; design and develop training using a variety of modalities depending on the needs, including advanced e-learning activities, webinars, instructor led trainings, etc. Leads curriculum management and audits of existing content on an ongoing basis to ensure courses are current, effective, and meet business needs. Strong communication and project management skills are required to maximize return on investment, network impact and partnerships with various internal and external subject matter experts.
- Makes use of the ISD model to design and develop complex courseware and engaging blended or multi-media learning activities for customer training that align with corporate values and desired competencies to support identified business needs.
- Ensures integrity of task analysis, training requirements, training hierarchies, instructional materials, and evaluation plans.
- Manages the coordination, status reporting and stability of instructional design oriented work efforts.
- Establishes and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet clearly defined expectations.
- Assembles project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality reviews; and escalating functional, quality and timeline issues appropriately.
- Coordinates all communication efforts to the appropriate individuals.
- Establishes working relationships with instructional designers, analysts, management, subject matter experts, other training staff, and end users.
- Identifies and advocates for innovative learning solutions that meet user-needs (instructor-led, synchronous online, on demand web-based training, and blended learning.
- Oversees educationally sound training content based on clinical and non-clinical workflows, processes, and terminology.
- Interfaces with instructional designers and e-learning developers to design and test e-learning and blended learning.
- Reviews program evaluations, test results, and participant and manager feedback on training effectiveness to make recommendations for program optimization.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, education, nursing or equivalent earned experience. Professional certification(s) and/or related experience beyond minimum experiencequalifications may substitute for formal education requirement on a two yearsâ experience-for-one yeareducation basis.â
- 7 years of experience - 5 years of experience in adult education/training to include project management and 2 years of experience as an Epic Instructional Designer.
- Holds at least 2 Epic certifications with additional certifications possible.
& Abilities (KSAâs)
- Flexible with technology and can learn new software and systems quickly, adaptable to new methods.
- Self-starter, innovative and creative, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to apply formal project management principles to educational projects, perform detailed needs assessments on a per project basis, work efficiently with high attention to detail and is capable of building relationships with sponsorship, customers and development partners
- Knowledge and application of adult learning principles
- Ability to incorporate policies, procedures, and specific clinical practice and/or business processing needs into information systems training
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to establish working relationships that foster optimal quality teamwork and education
- Strong organizational skills in managing multiple priorities
- Leadership ability to direct others without having line management authority
- Uses critical thinking skills to support educational implementations and facilitates staff education regarding use of the clinical/business operations software applications
- Detailed understanding of clinical/business operations workflows and system configuration gained by participating in validation sessions with project team members and assisting in system design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications â Word, Excel, PowerPoint, with proficiency in Microsoft Visio and Project desirable.
- Demonstrated expertise in technical instructional design techniques for instructor-led, computer-based, and individual on-the-job learning and related software applications.
- Master's degreepreferred.
- Previous experience within clinical environment or experience working with clinical subject matter experts.
- Working knowledge of department/division function and work process is preferred.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex technical information.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills to assess business problems and propose plans and alternatives.
- A commitment to responsive and innovative service.
- The ability to work effectively in a demanding and rapidly changing environment. A commitment to a participatory team management style.
- Must remain current with the technologies identified for use in adult education.
- The ability to work with minimal supervision and be self-motivated and self-disciplined.
- Must be able to accommodate a variety of working hours i.e. typical business hours as well as early morning and late evening hours.
Requisition #: 160188