- Purpose of Position
The Human Resources Generalist provides HR leadership and expertise to business leaders and line managers on the people-related matters affecting their business.
This position will be responsible for a broad range of HR activities including organization and leadership development, change management, and employee and labor relations; with a strong focus on talent acquisition and management and the assessment, selection and development of best-in-class talent.
The HR Generalist adds value by partnering with business clients to provide innovative HR solutions and approaches with a singular focus on driving success and meeting business objectives.
III. Key Responsibilities
HR Management 15%
- Implement a training program for new operators when joining Coveris.
- Operate as a business partner to business functions and client groups, understanding the business strategies, goals, objectives and financial performance of the organization; building ongoing relationships with Hazleton leaders and managers;
- Provide hands-on support to employees and managers to better understand and utilize HR tools, processes and policies; maximizing organizational effectiveness, improving performance, ensuring compliance; and balancing the demands of business objectives with the need for consistency across the Company;
- Advise and assist managers in achieving business goals through appropriate interventions; implementing and managing HR resource solutions, programs and services to maximize the achievement of short- and long-range business objectives (e.g., change initiatives, employee relations, talent and performance management/development, talent acquisition, diversity, retention and engagement, employee communication, and HR programs and services); and
- Work collaboratively with HR leaders within Coveris Americas, and corporate headquarters in the development of HR initiatives for the client groups.
HR Strategic Planning 15%
- Support organizational effectiveness through proper alignment of people, processes, and culture with business strategies; ensuring the people-perspective is represented in business decisions so implications are understood and the workforce is proactively managed;
- Participate in the establishment of business unit plans to effectively communicate business strategies and objectives, implementing change initiatives designed to support those goals; and helping translate strategy into solutions, actions, and results;
- Assess the impact of business decisions on the workforce and providing solutions to optimize opportunities and mitigate any downsides;
- Partner with business and HR leaders to assess current talent and develop long term talent strategies that establish required competencies and skill levels and that ultimately improve the performance of the organization;
- Lead all employee/labor relations initiatives ensuring a balanced advocacy for the needs of the business and the needs of the associates while ensuring all policies are adhered to;
- Implement effective talent acquisition strategies by managing the needs analysis process and developing sourcing strategies based on position description and locations; screening/recommending
- qualified candidates, managing the behavioral interviewing process, advising hiring managers on candidate selection and approving job offers;
- Manage talent review, salary planning, annual merit process; identifying learning and development as well as supervisor training needs, in collaboration with Coveris Americas, to enhance the capabilities of leaders and associates;
- Facilitate communications and training activities that effectively translate strategies into easily understandable programs and tactics; and
- Ensure implementation of compensation and benefits programs to support the business objectives.
- Labor Relations (Union Avoidance)
Integrated Business Solutions and Transactional Operations 20%
- Focus HR solutions on organizational outcomes and improving employee and organizational performance and productivity; delivering profit-impacting practices that achieve business results;
- Implement company policies and practices, ensuring legal compliance and consistent application;
- Ensure the reliability and security of employee data;
- Maintain payroll records as required, ensuring accurate, timely pay for associates at assigned locations
- Maintain HR files, checklists and ensure compliance with record retention guidelines.
- Measure and monitoring key HR KPIs
- Engage with employees to investigate and resolve individual or job related issues; including monitoring and influencing clients’ participation and compliance with HR processes;
- Generate routine and special reports for clients as needed or requested using HRIS systems; and
- Use proprietary and vendor-sponsored systems and tools to execute employee and management actions.
- Interact with all levels of associates and other inter-company peers.
- External relationships include lawyers, OSHA Inspectors, Wage and Hour Investigators, Employment Security Commission Adjudicators and Referees, job applicants, charities, other Company HR Managers, employer association managers, and training companies.
- Measures of Performance
- Associate survey results
- Associate turnover
- Timely placement of qualified associates in positions
- Success on litigated matters
- Compliance with wage and salary plans
- Consistency of policy application
- Associate feedback
- Goal achievement
- Background and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree (required); a degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, Psychology, or Business Administration or a Master’s degree in these concentrations, strongly preferred;
- At least 3-5 years progressive HR generalist business partner and/or management experience with a strong emphasis in talent acquisition/recruiting (required);
- Lean Manufacturing Experience
- At least 5 years experience with MS Office Suite; HRIS, Payroll, and ATS systems;
- Strong business acumen and strategic thought leadership, with the demonstrated ability to translate business needs into effective strategies and actions to execute against those strategies;
- Experience working independently in a highly decentralized, process oriented, and hands-on organization with the ability to resourcefully innovate and adapt in a rapidly changing, fast paced, and highly complex environment;
- Drive for results, demonstrated success serving business clients and experience in developing and implementing change initiatives.
Job ID 2017-1845