UFG Insurance, a top Iowa workplace and one of America's most ethical companies, is seeking a talented Senior Quality Assurance Analyst to join our growing organization. This role will plan and execute testing efforts based on the project requirements and system design. Additionally this position will be working with our Data Analytics team and will be testing ETL/Data Warehouse/BI platforms. This position will execute tests to ensure that all software enhancements meet or exceed design specifications and performance standards. The analyst will be responsible for identifying, documenting and reporting software defects.
- Review SOW or SRS attached to the project
- Define test plan and create testing matrix as needed
- Build test cases as described by the test plans
- Execute test plans
- Document Results
- Describe bugs or missed functionality so the software developers can provide fixes.
- Provide documentation to Users so that UAT approval can be obtained.
- Provide feedback to the vendors regarding testing results
- Actively participate in status meetings.
- Provide feedback on the status of projects
- Help set project goals, dates and deadlines
- Act as a resource to field questions from users
- Provide bi-monthly project status reports to QA Manager
- Keep QA Manager informed of issues as they arise
- Regularly review technology periodicals to stay current on new trends.
- Working closely with business information users to identify and forecast new business needs.
- Two-year college degreepreferred and/or 4+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in the following: IT Quality Assurance, Software Testing, Test Plan Development and Test Script/Matrix Development
- Experience testing data warehouses systems, components, ETL and/or BI platforms and have defined test approaches for data warehouse projects
- Experience in any of the following: IT Quality Assurance, P&C Insurance, Claims, Life Insurance, Software Testing and Test Plan Development.
- Certified or working towards CSTE, CSQA or comparable certification.