This position is responsible for all aspects of technology deployments of our managed service offerings. The position sets the standards for the workgroups, as well as providing the team with day-to-day management and direction to accomplish on-time, efficient delivery of product deployment goals and support. This position leads a network team to perform research, design, and provide security within a networkengineering functional areas. Provides direct input to project plans, schedules, and methodology in the development of cross-functional teams and data infrastructure deployments.
• Responsible for the network environment.
• Consult with stakeholders to find alternative work-around during network outages.
• Demonstrate understanding of best practices and emerging trends in areas of responsibility.
• Prioritize and reprioritize projects and manage projects of various size and complexity.
• Responsible for the data center operating system environment, which involves maximum utilization of resources and levels of performance.
• Ensure availability of operating resources to meet the needs of the company without disruption.
• Ensure RAP objectives and metrics are fulfilled.
• Ensure that the appropriate cross-functional teams are signed up and executing to deliver on the objectives.
• Responsible for the development, implementation, testing, and operating of facilities and procedures for recovery from loss of product and enterprise computing facilities (disaster recovery).
• Research, evaluate, and recommend new network, system management products and services, and new software and hardware.
• Provide necessary budget content and manage the procurement of products or services.
• Recommend and plan use of new system features and hardware for new products and servers to improve overall operation of system and productivity of staff.
• Responsible for the evaluation, installation, testing, and maintenance of operating system software within the company.
• Develop and implement security programs; manage and execute project deliverables; communicate to the stakeholders affected including departments within the company; develop program procedures including guidelines and flow diagrams to be implemented on an ongoing basis; and develop tools or metrics that allow for the measurement of successful program implementation.
• Carry out management responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, procedures, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Ensure all staff is provided with training and resources needed to perform their jobs to the most outstanding degree possible. Ensure all staff is provided with frequent feedback and coaching in order to meet and exceed individual and team performance goals consistently.
• Manage and encourage new ideas from staff to foster improvements through innovations.
• Empower the staff to be accountable and responsible for their own actions and decisions.
• All other duties as assigned.
• 12+ years of networkexperience
• 5+ years of technology leadership experience
• BS Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent experiencerequired; advanced degreepreferred
• Proven ability to adapt to new roles and responsibilities.
• Key experience and proven competencies in technologies associated with responsibilities, Network security systems
• Knowledge of large complex networks.
• Resource management.
• Advanced disaster recovery skills.
• Advanced understanding of security technologies and protocols.
• Strong research skills.
• Advanced skills in setting, communicating, implementing, and achieving business objectives and goals through the direct management of others.
• Advanced organization/project planning, time management, and change management skills across multiple functional groups and departments, and advanced delegation skills involving prioritizing and reprioritizing projects and managing projects of various size and complexity.
• Excellent problem-solving experience involving leading teams in identifying, researching, and coordinating the resources necessary to effectively troubleshoot/diagnose complex project issues; prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; and identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills. Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills applicable to a wide audience including senior and executive management, customers, etc.
• Finance/budgeting skills.
• Advanced knowledge of system management products/services.
• Advanced knowledge of hardware/software.
• Diagnostic aid design.
• Prior success extracting/translating findings into alternatives/solutions; identifying risks/impacts and schedule adjustments to facilitate management decision-making.