Systems Analyst Sr
Information TechnologyGA-AtlantaOctober 8, 2017
Keep Me In Mind
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America’s leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Systems Analyst Senior is responsible for defining and managing the scope of Business Systems projects. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Analyzes business requirements/need and translates into functional and or technical specifications.
- Delivers requirements, performs analysis and evaluates downstream system, process and/or organizational impacts
- Plans and assists with oversight of test planning and execution including defect identificaiton and resolution, including BETA testing as needed.
- Provides subject matter expert support to internal business partners by quickly triaging and responding to business partner inquiries.
- Work closely with Business Partners, Developers and Quality Assurance Analysts toensure requirements and design are completely understood
- Communicate design to all stakeholders and varying levels of the organization
- Act as the liaison between Business Parnters, Developers and project management groups
- Work closely with business teams to strategize solutions that support long termbusiness objectives
- Ensure IT deliverables align with business requirements with measurable results
- Collaborate with QA team to ensure testing efforts align with system deliveries and business processes
- Lead and mentor other Systems Analysts.
- In depth knowledge of tools utilized.
- Ability to develop estimates for application functionality enhancements.
- Ability to organize and present technical information to users concerning applications and to convey training information clearly and effectively to users and technical staff.
- BA/BS in information systems or related field
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Analysis or IT Development
- 5+ years of experience translating business requirements into a detailed system specification
- Proficiency with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Strong-to-superior analytical problem solving ability
- Experience in writing business requirements and technical requirements, including mapping documents
- Experience managing client expectations and eliciting requirements from end users
- SQL knowledge and experience (ability to write simple to moderate complexity queries)
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical documents common to the environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment or independently with little management oversight.
- Shields developers from inefficient and unnecessary communication with users
- 2+ years of experience participating in Agile projects
- 2+ years of experience with web services