Quality Assurance Director PA
POSITION SUMMARY and KEY OBJECTIVES: The Quality Assurance Director is a key member of the leadership team that is responsible for ensuring that all machined products meet customer requirements and pertinent specifications.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES and JOB DUTIES:
- Responsible for establishing, implementing and maintaining process controls required to ensure that all shipped product is within compliance with all pertinent customer specifications and standards.
- Optimize the handling of all non-conforming products and provide method(s) to dispose of suspect product.
- Perform Internal Quality Audits.
- Manage internal and external customer concerns and complaints to the mutual satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Conduct failure analysis for the purpose of determining the root cause of non-conforming products.
- Operate, maintain and provide training.
- Perform statistical analysis and provide findings along with recommendations and resolutions.
- Leading and facilitating where required, the investigation of quality issues, applying an appropriate and proven problem-solving methodology(s) involving cross-functional teams where appropriate, to develop effective solutions to prevent recurrence.
- Manage an annual budget and meet cost and expenditure budgets for the Quality department.
- Participate in continuous improvement efforts to evaluate opportunities for improvements in process, cost and product quality.
QUALIFICATION and EDUCATION
- Strong quality background in TS 16949.
- Steel, Metals , Foundry industry type experience.
- Previous experience as a Manager with experience in the Automotive and Machining
- Strong analytical & statistical skills
- Experience and proven ability to manage a quality department.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent combination of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's Degree, Engineering a plus
- Six SigmaBlack Belt a Plus