As a key member of the Executive team, the CFO will report to the CEO and assume a strategic role in the overall management of the Company. The CFO will have responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial-related activities. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, payroll, credit, forecasting, strategy, deal analysis, tax & compliance, and private financing.
- Lead the financial activities of the Company. This is completed in a manner which consistently assures that the information, activities and services provided are accurate, complete and timely, and can be relied on by internal and external users.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous evaluation/improvement of short and long term strategic finance objectives.
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Ensure credibility of the Finance group by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts.
- Ensure that effective internal controls, practices and polices protect Hydrite’s assets.
- Evaluates and advises on the impact of long range planning and introduces new programs and strategies to improve results.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with Hydrite leadership to identify their needs.
- Provide business leaders with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Develop and retain a staff that is committed to 100% customer satisfaction, consistently demonstrates the desire and capabilities to meet the current and the future business needs of the Company, and able to perform their job responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner by providing them with the necessary tools to accomplish their tasks.
- Lead the completion of the annual financial and benefit plan audits, audited financial statements, tax returns for the Company and audited debt covenant calculations.
- Work with the Tax Consultant in calculating the quarterly tax estimates and processing the distributions.
- Lead the annual budgeting process.
- Assure that the financial, payable, fixed asset, credit and payroll systems meet the needs of the Company.
- Responsible for calculating and recording investment results.
- Responsible for the timely completion and accuracy of property tax returns, accuracy of sales and use and income tax audits.
- Assist in formulating and administering corporate policy, organization planning and developing the long-range goals of the company.
- Assist in acquisitions and divestitures.
- Prepare and participate in the quarterly presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Assist in legal contract reviews.
Education and Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required; preferably in Accounting. MBA and CPA certification is a plus.
- 10-15 years of accounting experience in a manufacturing environment, progressive management experience, plus 3 - 5 years in public accounting.
- Exceptional analytical and organizational skills with attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations is essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
Benefits and perks include three retirement plans (401k, pension and profit sharing), medical/dental/vision/life insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance, legal services insurance, scholarship awards for children of employees, summer picnic, community giving events, free family wellness coaching including nutritionist and fitness coach.