Put your years of experience into a future of excellence at CGI Federal. We are seeking a Software Programmer to support operations at our Ft. Eustis, VA location.
Synopsis: The overall goal of the G-27 Operational Environment Training Support Center (OE TSC) facilitates and acts as the principal enabler for continuous learning across all TRADOC lines of effort through acquiring, analyzing, creating, organizing, applying and transferring data, information, and knowledge in the context of current and future operations. The OE TSC is responsible for delivering the OE to facilitate the training of deploying units on joint, national and interagency information, emerging asymmetric capabilities gleaned from world-wide operations; integrating processes, practices, concepts and materiel capabilities into Joint and Service DOTMLPF solutions; and coordinating with the training centers to provide realistic enemy and environmental signatures into models and simulations in support of realistic training. Position is located at Fort Eustis, Virginia.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
Basic Functions: The incumbent serves as a Software Programmer to work in a Unity 3d, C#, .NET, and Windows/SQF scripting environment. The position encompasses all aspects of software engineering: software design, development, integration, testing and documentation. The work will consist of developing multiple simulation applications to support the needs of the OE TSC Gaming and Visualizations Branch.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• The ability to interact directly with customers is necessary
• Specific assignments are associated with distributed simulation, and will include such areas as modeling of behaviors and physical systems with real-time constraints
• The ability to work in a distributed small team environment is important
• Strong communication skills important
• Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities
• Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that contains logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems
• Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle
• Applies knowledge of computer hardware, software, and subject matter to be programmed in mission applications
• Information processing and gathering techniques from system users to develop software
• Corrects program errors, prepares operating instructions, compiles documentation of program development, and analyzes system capabilities to resolve questions of program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques, and controls
• Ensures software standards are met on all deliverables
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Required Skills: Unity 3d programming experience, C# programming experience, .NET Experience, HLA/DIS development experience, and training development experience.
• Must have a thorough understanding of interactive media advanced concepts include serious gaming, multi-touch screen technologies and virtual world models and simulations.
• BS in computer science, or related scientific area with computer science coursework, and stronger than average computer science skills required
• Modeling & simulation experience is a plus
• Minimum 5 years of military training and instructional design experience desired.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• SECRET clearance is required, with the ability to obtain a Top Secret clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information
• Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
Position ID: J1017-2045