The Sr. Production Engineer opportunity will manage production support engineering for a specific product or group of products and plays a vital role in TPC's manufacturing success. The successful candidate will interface with design, process, test and reliabilityengineering to solve problems, sustain products with cost reduction, and yield improvements.
- Provides production support engineering for a specific product or group of products after transfer from design to high volume production.
- Interfaces with design, process, test and reliabilityengineering to solve problems.
- Sustains products with cost reduction and yield improvements.
- Performs all conventional aspects of engineering work.
- Monitor daily operations, production rates and product quality.
- In collaboration with Process Control, develop process control strategy, maintain DCS code, and ensure that DCS data is maintained.
- Network with other Engineers internal and external to the company; leverage and share plant improvement learnings.
- Identify and evaluate EH&S risks.
- Perform incident investigations and participates in root cause analysis teams.
- Calculate final spill and release amounts.
- Work with Operations personnel on operating procedures to ensure they are valid and up to date.
- Communicate technical information and issues to plant personnel and leadership.
- Evaluates feasibility and economics of proposed projects.
- Resolves existing or potential production problems which are complex.
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of an undergraduatedegree in Chemical Engineering
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in relevant Petrochemical and/or Refining which includes experience in Reactor/Distillation/Heat transfer
Role Specific Knowledge:
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Demonstrates ability to drive projects and teams to maximum productivity and completion.
- Demonstrates excellence in troubleshooting operating and maintenance issues, and formulating effective preventive strategies.
- Demonstrates ability to assimilate information and draw conclusions that are different from others and are likely to lead to operational success if implemented.
- Expertise and leadership in root cause failure analysis and preventive strategies.
- Demonstrates track record of mentoring and developing other people.
- Demonstrated support of business goals, company direction and policy decisions.
- Sets the example for others in areas of technical knowledge, productivity, initiative, and leadership in core values such as safety, environmental compliance, ethics and respectful treatment of people.
- Interest in process management as a career goal.