Dir, Account Management
8 - 10 years experience • Managed Care & Health Insurance
Customer and Team Management:
- Own overall account satisfaction for all assigned accounts.
- Develop strong relationships with key operational customers, specifically with the senior leadership of the customers at the Corporate and Local Market levels
- Provide support and coaching to team members. Work to develop employees? skills, evaluate performance and provide feedback, and oversee resolution of employee relations issues. Recruit, attract, develop, motivate and manage a high caliber of employees; train employees on products, policies and procedural changes and effectively orient new employees.
- Develop strong relationships and contacts within Magellan that are supportive of the achievement of customer service requirements including attainment of performance guarantees and minimization of performance penalty expense.
- Fully versed in all aspects of the contracts with assigned customers as well as ensuring ongoing contract performance through risk management activities including: assurance of Service Level Agreement performance in Care Management Centers (CMC) and Shared Services, assurance of accuracy of claims payment/administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the account's legal/regulatory environment.
- Create and maintain strategic partnerships with customers through the development & implementation of strategic business plans that result in long term retention of profitable relationships.
- Ensure all Customer and Account-Facing services are provided in a consistent and timely fashion.
- Resolve or appropriately escalate customer service issues in conjunction with operations (claims, service, systems).
- Prepare and present Joint Operating Committee (JOC) reports for assigned accounts or for area of specialty. Conduct face-to-face meetings with the customer to review JOC reports.
- Aggressively drive up-sell and renewal activities across assigned account(s). For new business and renewals, negotiate rates and contractual terms with customers that result in improved EBITDA.
- Seek and identify products and service requirements based on a thorough understanding of each customer's strategic business goals and the strategic business direction of the product set.
- Demonstrate depth of knowledge of ALL Magellan products and how multiple products are interdependent within the customer contract deliverables and clinical outcomes.
Book of Business/Financial Management:
- Ensure revenue goals are met, cost of care and administrative expenses managed, and (Earnings before Interest, Depreciation, Taxes and Amortization) EBIDTA targets achieved for the assigned account(s)
- Ensure contract performance through risk management activities including such items as: assurance of Service Level Agreement performance in Care Management Centers and Shared Services, assurance of claims accuracy payment/administrative policies, rate maximization through ongoing benefit analysis and adherence to requirements of the account's legal/regulatory environment.
- Develop and maintain contract compliance tool for periodic assessment of Magellan performance to customer requirements (including performance standards, etc.). Position the assigned book of business strategically to achieve objectives, including growth requirements, retention requirements, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Propose final pricing and product description for products sold to existing accounts. Manage risks and develop opportunities associated with underwritten rates.
Experience: 7+ years marketing
Responsibilities: Will substitute an additional 5 or more years of account management, sales or marketing experience in lieu of a formal degree. Business and Organization Knowledge and Teamwork Building skills. Quantifiable Business Results; Leadership of People; Service Oriented (External and Internal); Flexible and Adaptable.
8+years broad-based Health Careexperience including account management. 5+years ofsales/account management specialty (i.e., radiology, oncology, pharmacy, behavioralhealthcare) products and servicesexperience/knowledge. 5+years supervisoryexperience.