The purpose of this role is to drive financial results through shared leadership and coordination of all members of the Logistics operation, commercial supply chain, and SSC teams. The person in this position needs to have a level of experience and education that will allow them to manage current financialreporting requirements, meet the daily, monthly and Quarterly requirements of GTM. This individual serves as one of the key liaisons between Business Controllers, Corporate Finance, & Vice Presidents/Directors of GTM Departments.
- Manage month end close process for multiple Distribution Centers across North America.
- Prepare or assist with monthly journal entries as needed.
- Responsible for analyzing fixed cost variances and workings with business controllers to understand results and be prepared for future risks/opportunities.
- Prepare/Review the Monthly MOR’s for North America Global DC’s including D&W (Distribution & Warehousing), DC statistics, results analysis, EBIT results, CapEx.
- Review monthly journal entries.
- Support SSC reporting requirements including quarterly analytics, reporting packs, and management questionnaires or confirmations.
- Provide analysis of effectiveness of current and future logistics projects.
- Track and report on productivity projects for NA DC’s.
- Strive for continuous improvement in month-end reporting capabilities.
- Develop and implement new reporting capabilities.
- Develop and implement cost models to support monthly reporting.
- Participate on projects as assigned by Manager.
- Prepare Annual Budgets and periodic estimates.
- Support Third-party logistics contract negotiations.
- Fill in as primary backup for NA DC Controller.
- Develop, document and implement Policy and Procedures for department.
- Drive process improvements in all areas of GTM Operations and Finance.
- Follow-up on audit issues and well as assisting to develop audit controls.
- Support other areas of SOX controls and inventory management including participation in physical inventories.
- Travel is expected to be ~10-20% of this role to support key NA DC’s in person.
- Safe practices will be observed while in the scope of employment and when conducting business on Coty property. All job responsibilities must be performed in a safe manner
- Reduce total Supply Chain Costs
- Improve cash
- Improve personal safety
Knowledge / Abilities / Skills
- Deep understanding of financial principals related to the P&L and Balance Sheets
- Strong Knowledge of all financial processes related to the general ledgerfinance system
- Thorough understanding of reporting systems and processes
- Budget and forecast management knowledge
- Strong organization skills
- Strong communication skills
- Experienced in providing timely and accurate information for decision making
- Financial Planning, Reporting & Analysis
Functional / Technical Skills:
- Ability to automate reporting & analysis through advanced Excel such as pivot tables and queries
- Ability to extract data from cost system by creating custom queries that require multiple tables
- Lead & support cost improvement
- Ability to prevent problems and initiate corrective action plans
- Ability to create direction & implement strategies
- Ability to team with co-workers, department heads, and managers
- Bachelors or Master’s Degree (MBA) in Finance or related business field
- Five years of Management experience
- This role has the potential to move to the Riverside DC upon further evaluation.
- Ideally, this role could grow to Controller level and will be needed to support one of the largest DC’s on site at Riverside in Belcamp, Maryland.