JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the leadership of the Vice President, Finance and Administration, the primary responsibility is to forge strong business partnerships and provide cost analysis and decision support to the Business Unit Manufacturing and Supply Chain Leaders of the Performance Alloys and Composites Segment (PAC). Improve standard costing methodologies and systems. Provide value added cost analysis, insights, and recommendations to drive cost reductions and process improvements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead the Operations Finance Team in building cross-functional business partnerships and providing financial support to Manufacturing and Supply Chain Teams.
- Monitor labor, overhead and material variances vs. budget and forecast and provide proactive recommendations to enhance financial performance.
- Develop standardized Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to monitor manufacturing metrics and recommend corrective actions, as needed.
- Identify and drive cost reductions and continuous improvement, including the development of robust reporting to monitor actual performance vs. savings targets.
- Drive enhancements, upgrades, and standardization of SAP systems across PAC Business Units to better support cost accounting and variance analysis.
- Improve accuracy and completeness of standard costs and standardize processes and procedures across all PAC Business Units.
- Partner with Supply Chain to drive inventory reductions to improve Working Capital.
- Drive discipline in the capital spending / forecasting process and complete cost savings and payback analysis to maximize ROIC.
- Support the New Product Development (Stage-Gate) process by leading the development of preliminary cost estimates to ensure products are launched with accretive margins.
- Develop pro-forma modeling and cost analysis for strategic manufacturing projects.
- Support Mergers & Acquisition efforts to drive inorganic growth.
- Lead the budgeting, forecasting, and long range planning processes for Manufacturing / Supply Chain across all PAC Business Units.
- In partnership with Corporate Accounting and the PAC Director of Global Accounting, oversee monthly closing process and ensure compliance with US GAAP and Corporate policy; support internal / external audit requirements.
- Drive continuous improvement and automation of systems and processes that support financial analysis and reporting.
- Ad-hoc projects and analysis / other duties as assigned.
- Travel requirements between 10-20%, including local travel to Elmore, OH. M&A or special projects may sometimes require more.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting. MBA or CPApreferred.
- 15+ years of accounting/analysis experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly advanced understanding of Product Costing. Process costing experiencerequired. Project costing / Contract costing preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Deep understanding of SAPrequired. In order to support upgrades/enhancements to our existing SAP system, prior SAP Implementation experience is preferred.
- M&A experiencepreferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
- Possess the highest level of integrity and ethics.
- Dependability, trustworthiness, and ability to work on confidential projects.
- Must abide by International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and must be able to obtain security clearance, if necessary, to perform job functions
- Strong leadership and Team building skills.
- Strong coaching/mentoring and organizational development skills.
- Must have well developed and broad business acumen.
- Excellent analytical and problems solving skills.
- Must possess a sense of urgency, a strong work ethic and a results orientation.
- Willing to embrace change and able to implement change.
- Able to interact with all levels of associates and work in a Team-oriented environment with a service attitude.
- Proven ability to forge strong cross-functional business partnerships.
- Continuous improvement orientation / process improvement mindset.
- Effective planning and organization skills combined with strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to explain complex financial concepts and results to non-financial managers.
- Effective presentation skills – preparation and delivery.