Manager, System / Test Integration
Job ID : 51358BR
Location : US - Oregon - Eugene
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
- Direct management responsibility for all research and product development support activities for the Platform Integration group.
- Evaluates schedules, scope, cost and risk associated with supporting verification testing of research & development programs.
- Prioritizes resources for testing of new and sustaining product releases that contribute to sustained growth for the business.
- Works collaboratively with Senior Management and other R&D Managers to maintain alignment of resources on priority projects.
- Supports other departments such as manufacturing, technical support and quality by providing scientific and/or technical guidance and assignment of resources to assist in troubleshooting.
- Represents R&D group to other sites and divisions for cross-site collaborations and projects.
- May represent company externally to commercial or academic partners.
- Customer advocate to ensure ownership of customer issues resulting in timely feedback and appropriate attention
- Continuous development of new methods, processes and special skills where they enhance group effectiveness in verification testing to achieve project and company goals
- Supervises 8-12 direct reports from Scientist I/Engineer I to Sr. Staff Scientist/Sr. Staff Engineer level.
- A BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Application specific field, such as Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Biology (or equivalent work experience) with 10-12 years of relevant industrial experience.
- Must have at least 3-5 years of previous management experience.
- Mentors individual team members and effectively manages group activities.
- Provides leadership and career development guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a matrixed, team environment.
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills, and a demonstrated ability to manage and provide support to complex research and development programs.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills through formal and informal discussions with peers, team, colleagues, supervisor and upper management.
- Displays leadership across the business unit and division.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of relevant fields and techniques
- Ability to work independently to initiate, take ownership of, and lead verification testing of innovative cell-based assay analysis platforms.
- Proficiency in Agile/SCRUM product development principles.
- Previous experience supporting analytical instrumentation and software products.
- Proficiency in application of automated test tools to hardware and software product solutions
- Demonstrated ability to evaluate the testability of technical and customer requirements
- Proficiency in risk assessment, troubleshooting, RCCA, or other established quality programs
Preferred Qualifications (nice to have):
- Advanced knowledge on statistical analysis, experimental design (DOE) approaches and previous experience in software project management preferred
- Working knowledge of flow cytometry, fluorescence microscopy, and/or quantitative imaging and analysis beneficial
- Working knowledge of database systems (SQL Server or Oracle)
- Experience with one or more programming languages