Role Summary: As our new Sr Staff Digital Product Manager, you will be responsible for creating strong working relationships & influence across executive leadership, product anagement, engineering and other functional groups to execute the strategy within CoE, across GE businesses, partners and customers. You may mentor one or more junior product managers. Essential Responsibilities:
As a domain expert for your portfolio, you will engage customers at mid-level management andtechnical levels to develop/refine portfolio strategy, influence customer & industry directionand execute strategy.
As the Senior PM, you will elevate how we engage with internal and external softwarebusinesses. You will be accountable for driving successful delivery of products from GESoftware, making recommendations on extending software solutions, and representing GeneralElectric to the outside market, including customers, partners and analysts.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for product line performance with targets on orders, revenue, cost, margin and share. Identify and influence market trends and opportunities.
- Develop, commercialize and scale SaaS and outcome-based digital offerings that enable growth and competitive positioning of the Renewable Energy Digital Ecosystem
- Drive vision & strategy, roadmap and product lifecycle for sub business unit and its portfolio of products & solutions, with a particular emphasis on both front-end strategic customer development and back-end operational product scalability.
- Work cross functionally across engineering, marketing, sales, internal and external customers, analysts and senior management teams to formulate and execute the strategy.
- Lead New Product Introductions through the tollgate process and ensure each function meets the deliverables and requirements defined in the NPI process
- Be responsible for development and execution of a detailed cross-functional execution plan that leads to success on all product CTQs as specified in the Product Requirements (PRD)
- Be a domain/business expert for the portfolio to guide and mentor teams, and establish/refine product management processes.
- Establish and manage relationship across GE businesses & sub-businesses, partners, customers and technical experts across industries and geographies.
- This role is responsible for a large product or portfolio of products/solutions with typical revenue influence / target in the range of $10-50M USD per year.
- Will have strong financial acumen and accountability.
- Responsible to create strong working relationship & influence across product management, engineering and other stakeholder groups to successfully execute business strategy across GE businesses, partners and customers.
- Will engage customers as a trusted partner.
- Cross functional leadership to define and execute the vision and strategy.
- Work within the Renewables digital organization to drive product management rigor and excellence
- Global travelrequired as necessary.
- Establish strong working relationship with account managers, technical sales and user/developer community. Qualifications/Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology,Engineering and Math)
- A minimum of 10 years of technical experience along with established leadership credentials across disciplines and functions within a product
- GE Leadership Program Graduates will get credit towards relevant workexperience, commensurate to the program they have completed
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Chicago, IL or Schenectady, NY Desired Characteristics:
- Proactively drives portfolio and investment decision to balance customer needs, install base requirements (refresh) and long term enterprise differentiation. Defines and/or influences pricing strategy for product/services and alignment across functions and organizations
- Understanding of & experience in the Energy industry, with an intimate knowledge of how customers think about value creation and monetization
- Evangelizes concepts beyond current offerings and considers business model innovation (product, service and delivery innovations
- Aligns goals, feature sets, capabilities to business objectives for the product (i.e. Profitability, ROI, Market Penetration, Channel development, Brand Development, etc.) usingagilemethodologies
- Strong business case analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
- Evangelizes new technology, predicts trends, and identifies new opportunities based on trends
- Identifies the customer’s business and strategic needs, concerns, and desires for the value delivery capabilities of the products
- Experience developing and commercializing a product with a heavy digital component
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization and withotherGE businesses
- Adopts a holistic systems perspective. Empathizes with multiple points of view. Challenges program/product planning assumptions. Ability to prioritize and set challenging but realistic project schedules
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds direct and "behind the scenes" support for ideas, and leverages chains of indirect influence
- Proactively engages with cross-functional teams to resolve issues and design solutions using critical thinking and analytical skills and best practices
- Able to re-appropriate existing solutions to new requirements and situations
- Emotional Intelligence, ability to influence up and out
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels