Are you passionate about the front-end experience? Do you ask yourself how to surprise and delight users constantly? Do you want to make even the most mundane user interaction into something magical? If yes then you may be the right fit for us! We are looking for a software engineering manager who will lead our client engineering team. This team builds business user and consumer facing products for all areas at the Walt Disney Studios. This includes applications used in the production and distribution of movies as well as consumer facing software that reaches millions of customers. You will have a chance to institute standards and push for modern technologies like material UI and React, hire and mentor passionate front end engineers and help set the Walt Disney Studios strategies around Web and mobile front end technology.
- Manage and grow a team of exceptional front end software engineers
- Define, architect and deliver high-quality software solutions
- Champion the Agile methodology (Scrum), continuous integration and delivery
- Be both an effective people manager and a highly technical, hands-on lead
- Collaborate with product management teams to ensure we're building the best products.
- Be a subject matter expert, facilitate and guide technical discussions
- Create reference implementations (code) for the purpose of mentoring and leading more junior staff (when required)
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- 4 years of experience leading software engineering teams (mentoring junior engineers, setting technical direction, etc.).
- Experience with modern front-end technologies (e.g Webpack, LESS/SASS/Stylus, Grunt/Gulp, Jasmine/Protractor etc.)
- Experience with Responsive web development
- Exposure to Accessibility standards
- Have a track record of delivering successful, innovative solutions
- Experience in Agile software development environment
- Demonstrated ability to recruit and manage technical teams, including performance management
- Passionate about technology and the possibilities that it opens up for users of our systems
- Forever student – someone who loves always learning
- Familiarity with entertainment industry is a plus
BS in Computer Science or related field with 7+ years of experience.