About This Opportunity
The role is a Senior Network Engineer in charge of complex network projects and initiatives. You will provide network standards and assist in complex network builds. You would also serve a critical role in support of load balancing design, data center deployments, and Tier 3 escalation.
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation as it relates to server and network topology, equipment, and configurations for the core network and customers.
- Create project plans, design, and implement solutions.
- Evaluates, recommends, and implements strategies for LAN/WAN hardware and software requirements and capabilities related to internal and external customer needs.
- Participate in upgrades, troubleshooting, and/or on-call availability as needed.
- Maintains advanced knowledge in most areas of network hardware/software interconnections and interfaces (such as LAN/WAN equipment and services, switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers and VPN.
- Identify, diagnose, and resolve network problems including network connectivity, traffic utilization, etc. using available network tools in a timely fashion.
- Provide Level 2 and Level 3 Support for problems identified on network.
- Provides escalated support for AssociateNetwork Engineers and Network Engineers.
- Acts as primary for technical review and “sign-off” of AssociateNetwork Engineer and Network Engineer designs and configurations.
- Interface with third party vendors as liaison between client and vendor.
- Works closely with other departments/organizations and collaborates with other IT staff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Computer Science, related field, or equivalent education or a minimum 7 - 10 years’ experience within the networking industry.
- Cisco CCNP certification is strongly preferred
- CCIE certifications is strongly preferred
- Experience with load balancers (F5 Big-IP a plus)
- Ability to communicate with other team members to cross-train on problem resolution.
- Ability to provide project leadership or work with project leaders in a technical leadership capacity to ensure success of projects.
- Attention to detail, flexible, open to suggestions, and possess good communicative interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects, each with specific requirements that may differ from project to project.
- Familiarity in Data Center Network Design including virtualization technologies.
- Extensive experience in firewall design, implementation and, maintenance.
- In-depth understanding of BGP and OSPF routing
- Working knowledge of TCP/IPtroubleshooting.
- QoS experience a plus.
- Voice experience a plus.