Under the policies, procedures, and processes established by the Associate VP of Revenue Cycle Management, the Billing Manager plays a key role in the revenue cycle for Heartland Clinic and affiliated entities. This position works directly with each Billing Specialist on their team to assure that individual production and quality goals are consistently met each month. This position is expected to utilize team approaches and motivational techniques to ensure high productivity and results while maintaining strong department morale.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage daily operations of the Billing office personnel, establish and monitor individual goals and objectives based on the departmental goals Supervision of claims submission and coding.
- Controls, monitors and resolves the Insurance inventory to ensure AR Day goals set by leadership are being met on a consistent basis.
- Coordinates with other departments to ensure consistency, resolution of problems, and implement improvements that will benefit the team.
- Work with management team regarding on-going employee training and development to provide a continual growth pattern for staff.
- Perform annual performance reviews as well as 90 day evaluations for Billing personnel.
- Assist with CMS regulation changes as needed.
- Maintain billing interfaces and assist in any maintenance of these interfaces.
- Maintain and update revenue cycle policies and procedures.
- Review of aging accounts to help prevent aging from exceeding the expected percentages.
- Maintain adequate staffing levels and training of billing staff, to include monthly staff updates.
- Participate in interviewing and hiring additional staff as needed for the department.
- Hold daily, weekly and monthly meetings with staff to communicate departmental issues, progress, goals, etc.
- Audits quality and timeliness of completed tasks, and maintains departmental progress reports.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- 8+ years in Healthcare Billing and Collections Systems from a Technical and Functional view. (preferred). Equivalent combination of education and experience related to the Healthcare Receivables Industry.
- 5+yearsexperience in supervision of 10-12 employees in theHealthcareAccounts Receivables Management with
with demonstrated leadership ability (preferred).
- Candidates must have strong experience with managing operations that require CPT, ICD-10, and NCCI coding, proficient in 10 key charge entry, experience with insurance and patient payment posting and balancing, intermediate to expert experience in electronic claims submission and Edit resolution, experience in refund processing, third party payer insurance verification, collections and denial resolutions processes.
- Candidate should have experience in preparation and audit for end of month closing processes.
- Intermediate to Expert in Word, Excel and Outlook experience is required. Ability to learn new programs and systems is required.
- Ability to read and evaluate Healthcare Receivables Information (required).
- Ability to effectively and correctly communicate to the staff, management and payers.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required.
- Professional appearance and demeanor must be displayed at all times.