The primary purpose for this position is responsibility for the optimization and reliability of the plants pneumatic and hydraulic systems, coolant systems, rolls, bearings, cylinders, cranes, building structure, etc. They will also manage projects relative to changes and/or new installation of the various technologies equipment and building structures associated with the process and plant support equipment. The incumbent is to ensure that the assets in their assigned areas are capable of meeting the business needs of the Terre Haute plant and all internal and external customers on a sustainable basis. They must continually evaluate and recommend new or developing technologies which may help improve quality and cost performance in their assigned area. The incumbent will develop methods and procedures to support the optimization of the areas processes. Where needed they shall assist all levels of the organization in advance troubleshooting of mechanical and structural systems and/or equipment issues. They are also responsible for maintenance of drawings and listings assuring that documents are updated and represent the current state of equipment in their assigned areas.
-Ensure that managed projects process development and modifications comply with all Environmental Health and Safety EHS rules regulations and practices. Lead the effort on at least one of the Novelis EHS performance standards.-Support the Process Center Teams PCT in process optimization.-Support the Reliability Organization in the development implementation and execution of the Facility Reliability Master Plan.-Continually evaluate the existing assets to ensure they are capable of meeting the sustained needs of the Plants business and its customers.-Consideration and attendance of appropriate education/training programs to promote continued self development and to bridge any knowledge short falls regarding supported processes equipment task management and other job requirements.
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in the area of mechanicalengineering in a related manufacturing process.
- Effective organizational skills and ability to work with various levels of the organization.
- Excellent leadership skills and good interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Computer Software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Project
- Ability to write specifications and facilitate bids from contractors and suppliers.
- Fundamental knowledge of AutoCad, with the ability to make minor changes to drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and perform root-cause-analysis on equipment and process issues, specifically in the mechanical area.
- Proficient in the fundamentals of reliability such that the position can help establish appropriate PM’s and PdM’s for process equipment.
- Proficient in advanced engineering and diagnostic tools such as Finite Element Analysis, vibrations analysis, lubrication analysis, FFT, etc.
- Ability to manage contractors.