JOB TITLE: Director Human Resources
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES - The Director Human Resources plans, implements and directs
the Human Resources functions of the Supply Chain location based out of Kaysville, UT. The Director Human Resources serves as the primary resource for all aspects of human resources management including: regulatory compliance, employee relations, salary and wage administration, benefit administration, recruitment, employee development, and workers’ compensation.
SUPERVISOR – Regional Human Resource Director
SUPERVISES - Human Resources Support Staff
OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Oversee the development and implementation of human resources policies and procedures designed to effectively support organizational strategy and ensure regulatory compliance
• Provide employee relations guidance to management staff (disciplinary actions, employment
termination, employee grievances, performance improvement plans, etc.)
• Manage an effective recruitment and employment program
• Oversee recruitment advertising, applicant selection, pre-employment/post-offer screening processes,
• Ensure compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements in all aspects of recruitment and
• Ensure compliance with Fair Labor Standards in administration of all compensation and pay practices.
• Oversee effective workers compensation case management through on-going communication with
Third Party Administrator case management staff
• Oversee Human Resources Systems and ad hoc report writing functions
• Conduct and arrange management training seminars to ensure that management team is abreast of
policies and procedures as well as other legal and regulatory compliance issues
• Administer employee benefit program in conjunction with corporate office and third party
• Oversee payroll/HR processing, including review of all Personnel Action Requests (PARs) for
accuracy and compliance with organizational policy
• Support all compliance and ethics programs of the company and facilities
• Actively participate in FTE, payroll and expense management processes
• Perform staff reviews and prepare performance documents for direct reports
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES • Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication - communicates clearly and concisely. Strong presentation skills.
• Leadership - guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance
standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tactical execution - oversees the development, deployment and direction of complex programs and
• Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required
• Financial management - applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Human Resources - Knowledge of all applicable federal, state and local employment laws and
regulatory compliance requirements. Effective employee relations skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
• Equivalent work experience may substitute degree requirement
• Experience in Labor Relations / Union Negotiations preferred.
• At least 5 years experience in Human Resources Management/Administration
• Experience in healthcare provider finance operations or similar service environments preferred