Service Manager - Truck Dealership
The client company is a premier Daimler truck sales and service center located in the Southeastern US, only 90 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. It has been recognized numerous times as one of the top 5 ranked Daimler dealers in North America. With over 35years in business, this dealership continues to grow and diversify. It is also the sole supplier of a well-known school bus brand for the state and has a large commercial tire center. This company is currently seeking an experienced, entrepreneurial leader to manage and grow its service operations as the business continues to expand and diversify.
The Service Manager will oversee the development, coordination and execution of the company’s Service Department. The position will report directly to the Vice President and will lead a group of 12 to 15 (currently) professional Service Technicians.
• Lead the activities of the dealership’s Service Department, which includes the guidance, mentoring and performance of the Service Department team.
• Work closely with all departments and management in establishing and implementing business plan objectives, revenue growth objectives, and superior customer service objectives.
• Manage the Service Department in all daily activities, including all repair orders/warranty repair orders, scheduling and project management.
• Ensure all technicians have the most up-to-date training, including vendor training courses, and the tools/supplies required to successful complete all service requirements.
• Play an active role in the recruitment and training of new hires to the Service Department and assist each technician in their professional growth.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Advanced specialized training and experience in heavy truck service and repair is required. A college degree would be advantageous but is not required.
• 10+ years of truck service and repair experience.
• Experience and knowledge in truck electronic, HVAC systems, and power train.
• Excellent ability to diagnose complex issues and get to the root of the problem.
• At least 3-5 years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
• An entrepreneurial spirit, a strong sense of team, and results and customer oriented.
• Ability to manage and professionally grow a Service Team.
• Experience in customer service.
• Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
A meaningful compensation package will be developed for the selected candidate. If required, a comprehensive relocation package is available.