McLaren Health Plan, recognized by Modern Health Care as one of the 100 Best Places to Work for four years in a row, is seeking a Systems Programmer for our Business Information Team.
Position Overview: At the direction of the Business Information Manager, develops and/or modifies programs, applications and scripts for core business and new product/service operations. Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs and monitors performance post-implementation to ensure success of programs written.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent from a four year college or technical school
- Two years experience as a systems programmer/analyst
- Minimum of two years of experience with designing, developing, configuring and maintaining MS SQL Server databases
- Extensive knowledge of MS SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS
- Solid understanding of web programming technologies (ASP, ASP.NET and XML)
- Proven experience with multiple OS/Platforms, Visual Basic, ASP.NET, Access
- Experience with various reporting software, i.e. Crystal Reports, Monarch, and SSRS
- Demonstrated knowledge of several current and complex programming languages
- Comprehensive understanding of Internet, Intranet, Extranet and client/server architectures
- Knowledge and experience with legacy and web-based system integration
- Experience with Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
- Ability to manipulate, convert and integrate data, to and from various systems
- Prepares charts and diagrams to assist in problem analysis, and submits recommendations for solution
- Two years experience in a HMO, Managed Care Organization, government-regulated health organization or group health insurance environment
- Experience with multi-dimensional databases
- Five years experience in computer applications and programming
- Ability to apply accounting, mathematical and statistical principles to assigned tasks.