July 21, 2017
Location: Lawrence, KS
The Account Supervisor ensures that client needs are being met by monitoring and guiding account management activities and by managing an effective level of direct contact with clients. The Account Supervisor’s primary role is to provide strategic leadership to clients and the agency team and are responsible for formulating and managing the marketing plans and programs for one or more accounts. They have a key role in ensuring positive and enduring client relationships.
- Ensures client relationships are positive and stable; inform Group Account Director, Director, Account Management or CEO of potential problems with client/agency relations, budget overruns, etc.
- Strategically lead the client and internal teams. Review and participate in the development of strategies and strategic plans and review campaign conceptual direction to ensure strategic marketing objectives are being met.
- Oversee timely and accurate implementation of plans, budgets and work.
- Responsible for working with the creative staff and vendors on coordinating the schedule creation/production of creative work including print, email, digital units and video to ensure on-time, on-budget, high-quality deliverables
- Manage the day-to-day interaction of client contact and service and provide guidance and direction to Senior Account Manager, Account Manager and Account Coordinator.
- Foster development and growth of Account Coordinator, Account Manager and Senior Account Manager staff in alignment with strategic goals of the department and organization overall.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business communications, public relations, business administration or equivalent
- 7+ years of advertising agency experience, or relevant experience
- 3+ years of supervisory experience
- Current working knowledge of branding and integrated marketing communications theory and practice
- Digital marketing background, including digital media campaigns, social media, websites and search, preferred
- Telecom or tech industry experience a plus
- Proficient marketing communications planning for traditional and non-traditional media, budgeting and project management skills
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proven success in marketing, promotion or advertising planning and program development
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and team leadership skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including presentation skills