This position is restricted to US Citizens, Permanent Residents or Green Card Holders
TheNetwork Engineer isresponsible for installing, maintaining and providing operational support forLAN,WAN, Wireless and VoIPinfrastructures across a globallandscape. TheNetwork Engineer provides technical support for voice and datanetwork systems, contributes, creates, and maintainsnetwork documentation, maintains hardware and software standards, and works projects as needed to upgrade equipment, operating systems, and procedures globally. TheNetwork Engineer must be well versed inengineering and administration of multiprotocolrouters, multilayerswitches,networksecurity devices andnetwork management systems. This position requires excellent teamwork, ability to contribute productively in a distributed team, and the desire to focus on project and team success. Additionalresponsibilitiesinclude:
- Plan, research and develop network services for LORD global business; Ensure technical solutions meet the needs of business such as agility, cost, performance, and security.
- Assist with planning the direction of the platforms towards a 5-yeartechnology horizon.
- Manage 2 to 3 medium, or 1 large networkengineering initiative simultaneously.
- Continuously identify, review, and recommend potential opportunities for cost-savings, service quality improvement, and operational efficiency.
- Assist in administering operational strategies for End of Life equipment, applicable hardware/software product roadmaps, and vulnerability management processes.
- Liaise with internal technology partners and external vendors to ensure effective communication, collaboration, and stakeholder involvement.
- Provide 2nd level support to Network Operations team for project delivery and problem escalations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Networking Systems or related areas
- Experience in engineering and administration of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, networksecurity devices and network management systems
- Very knowledgeable on data center networking technologies, including Cisco Nexus 9K/7K/5K/2K, Catalyst 6500, IOS/NXOS and Layer 2 and Layer 3 protocols; understanding of SDWAN, Firewalls and Load Balancers is a plus
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise customers delivering infrastructure projects/operations support
- 2+ years of experience designing, implementing, and administering advanced LAN/WANNetwork Systems
- 2+ years of experience working with enterprise-class routers, firewalls, switches and othernetwork appliances
- 2+ years of working with VoIP/convergednetworks, QOS policies, VPN, BGP, VLAN’s, OSPF
- Professional certification; such as CCIE or relevant industry certification preferred
- ITIL Foundation or Intermediate level certification preferred