IDEAL LOCATION: Chicago/Great Lakes area The primary responsibility of the Clinical Liaison (CL) is to represent Invitae by serving as scientific/clinical ambassadors, provide education and support to develop relationships with internal and external client groups The CL is a field-based position and will be expected to travel within their assigned region to educate medical professionals and provide clinical support to Invitae’s sales team. Will give scientific presentations at conferences and company hosted events.
- Represent Invitae with clinicians, academic institutions, and professional organizations
- Provide support to clinicians who do not have access to genetic counselors or genetics expertise; help them implement a screening program for risk assessment, pre-test counseling and delivering results
- Provide scientific and clinical presentations on Invitae’s product, with focus on genetic testing
- Build relationships with thought leaders and key decision makers
- Support and educate internal customers (sales, marketing, lab, client services) as it relates to clinical expertise
- Support health care providers by offering clinical information/education that helps guide medical decisions
- Develop educational materials for healthcare providers and patients
- Collect and report market information within company guidelines
- Attend regional and national tradeshows and medical conferences
- Collaborate with medical societies and organizations and advocacy groups
- Demonstrate expert knowledge in related clinical and disease states
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Advanced degree with focus on genetics preferred
- Genetic Counselor credentials
- 5 years experience in academic, clinical, or industry position
- GC experience in the field of oncology
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- Wiling to travel 60% within assigned region
Invitae envisions a world in which genomic sequencing routinely informs lifelong health care decisions. We provide comprehensive, rapid, and affordable genome sequencing and clinically relevant interpretations of genomic data. We are committed to enabling the utilization of genomic data in order to improve health, catalyze scientific and medical research, and contribute to improved outcomes for everyone.
Invitae is an open, title-free company that operates as a meritocracy. We focus intently on our ability to deliver reliable solutions that contribute to improving people's lives. We ruthlessly eliminate overhead and policies that interfere with productivity. We have excellent benefits.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.